where to shoot long range? 1000 trds

What is the farthest you have ever shot? Experience and ability are the contributing factors, not rifle and scope.

Without skills forget about long range shooting, but the reverse is true, too. No matter how good of a shot you are, you can't turn a 3.0MOA rifle into a sub MOA or a 22LR into a 1000 yard rifle. Equipment does limit skill.

You will love your new toy it is a serious piece of equipment, savage is the most under rated 338 lapua made, however it is a serious shooting unit. The unit we have shot is the 110, brother of the ba they will get the job done over, over, and over again. We shoot the barnes 160 grain, ttsx simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!enjoy and break it in very slowly that will make a big difference.. Lapua brass is the best......

Chief's is probably the longest public range north of I-20, but the muzzle brake will get him inflamed; not to mention you can't shoot his steel with a .338. Most places are only a couple hundred yards at best. Anything that's past a couple hundred yards and not Cheif's is private land...

As mentioned above, shooting 1000yds without just randomly slinging bullets everywhere isn't as easy as dialing in at 100-200 yards. I'd get confident inside of 500yds before you start pushing beyond that; especially with a .338 Lapua. It is an excellent long range cartridge, but if you're not careful it can do some serious damage.

Without skills forget about long range shooting, but the reverse is true, too. No matter how good of a shot you are, you can't turn a 3.0MOA rifle into a sub MOA or a 22LR into a 1000 yard rifle. Equipment does limit skill.

So where do I rate? I was shooting sub MOA all the way out on my first and only visit ever to GSH. Of course I had a fair instructor and premium ammo prior to going.

Riverbend gun club, used to be a member, 1,000 yard range, a little hefty on the initial membership, about $300.00
per year annual membership after the first year, great place, nice ranges. Just a little far for us east/ne eastjawja boys to travel. If you live over 50/100 miles away as the crow files they use to have a reduced membership, do they still offer it we have no idea.

Riverbend gun club, used to be a member, 1,000 yard range, a little hefty on the initial membership, about $300.00
per year annual membership after the first year, great place, nice ranges. Just a little far for us east/ne eastjawja boys to travel. If you live over 50/100 miles away as the crow files they use to have a reduced membership, do they still offer it we have no idea.

Unless something's changed very recently it's a 600yd range due to the property line.

Back
Top Bottom