• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you rather buy (SKS)?

Which would you buy?

• Fair to Good Norinco ~$450

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Appears Unfired Norinco ~$600

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Something off of this board ($ varies)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Another option (please specify)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Wouldn't buy an SKS (please explain why)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
What are you expecting from your purchase....a gun with provenance and true collectability? Soviet or Albanian then.....Want to shoot it and thats it ....any chinese or yugo will do

Decent Norinco for $450 is still a good gun and fair market value. Wouldn't hesitate at all if I was looking for one.

You just have to drown out all the neckbeards telling you how they paid $79 for one at roses.

We get it gramps, gas was $0.90/gallon back then too. Nobody cares.

personally i'd go russian or yugo but more than maker i'd go after a paratrooper model. looks are much better and its a little more handy.

If you really dont care about money and want a fun shooter than find an sks-m or sks-d that take AK mags

What are you expecting from your purchase....a gun with provenance and true collectability? Soviet or Albanian then.....Want to shoot it and thats it ....any chinese or yugo will do
Just something to plink with and don't care if it gets beaten up or not (or that it already is..). Collectability at this price point isn't really a concern.

I appreciate the input, everybody!

Decent Norinco for $450 is still a good gun and fair market value. Wouldn't hesitate at all if I was looking for one.

You just have to drown out all the neckbeards telling you how they paid $79 for one at roses.

We get it gramps, gas was $0.90/gallon back then too. Nobody cares.
I guess I’m a young gramp as I gave 99.00 lol

I wouldn't buy one for what there selling for now.
Bingo! We have a winner. The original style SKS is a fine rifle and perfectly fine for lots of uses. However, once they went beyond the $300.00 range they lost almost all their appeal to ME. So with that in mind I didn't thunk I would ever own another one . ( Kinda like M1 Carbines) But last year I had 6 or 7 AR builds I got bored with and traded 7.5" pistol build for a nice numbers matching Norinco spike bayonet. Not REALLY what I wanted but it was clean. So I threw that one up here for trade and actually got what I always wanted in an SKS which was the so called "Paratrooper" .At some point at least one of the big importers took 20" rifles and cut them down to 16" length. To ME that's the perfect SKS. So that's one of my guns that aint for sale or trade. Too damn hard and expensive to find another one.
Anyway, I voted for option 3. I would try to find one here at the most reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom