Who installs Pinestraw?

Lumberjack

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Reaction score
Looking for someone to install Pinestraw in the Hiram area. I've attempted to use 3 different ppl from Craigslist, but everyone of them has tried to rip me off. Let me know how much per bail. I will need around 100 bails. Thanks.

Figure 1 bale per 40 sq. ft. ... yes the only way you can make money on pine straw for what they charge is to rip you off . I charge $8.50 per bale but you get what I bill you for . I myself would never pay $8.50 per bale nor do I "specialize" in this field of work but I guess it depends what your time is worth ....Count the bales when they unload and watch them when they spread it . Remember "They" are the experts so "They" should be able to quote you within reason how many bales it should take . Ask them how they calculate how many bales you will need and I guarantee you they will give you a funny look . If they do move on to the next

www.millsonforestry.com_shop_images_0807017.jpg

?
I hear they work cheap. :D

Honestly it's hard to make money on pinestraw if you do it legit, I work for a landscape company and we basically break even when we do it.

Ha I asked for 100 bales for 5 properties (got it in writing).... He put out 1200.

I paid for 500 and told him to either pack up the extra or take me to court. He was pissed!

Get it in writing if you hire out or go the Home Depot route and pay some kids to spread it.

Do these prices per bale include the bale, or are these rates plus bale? For example, $4 for the bale plus $8.50 to shake it, or $8.50 bale and all?

I've been landscaping for 32 years.Helms Lawn Care. Prices will range from 5.50 to 8.50 per bale spread.I get 7.00 a bale in most cases unless its a area with a lot of shrubbery. That will be more because i have to bend over more and spend more time on my knees .Lol!

West Cobb Pinestraw is another one I see all around. They charge $5.50 per bale spread but I think you have to know how much you want before you order.

Back
Top Bottom