• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who loves Whiskey?

This one might be tough to believe, but "Bird Dog" isn't horrible. It's truly OK.

No, it's not complex and it's flavor fizzles faster than a 25 cent sparkler, but it's not offensive and the fleeting moment that it spends on your palette isn't that bad. They don't bother with including a history of the distillery, some story about grand dads dog and it's love of whiskey and your pants leg. It's just a google lifted image of a bird dog on a plain ass bottle.

It's an excellent choice for the budget minded...very budget minded.

That stuff sucks!!!! I went in to a liquor store and got cornered by one of their sales ladies that was spinning this stuff. She said if I buy the whisky I will get a free shirt so being the cheap ass I am I jumped all over it. I would have faired better with Evan Williams!

If you want a cheaper alternative to crown, try Wiser's...dang good stuff!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_12_gy7yqevu.jpg
I'll have to give it a shot ! (See what I did there?)

That stuff sucks!!!! I went in to a liquor store and got cornered by one of their sales ladies that was spinning this stuff. She said if I buy the whisky I will get a free shirt so being the cheap ass I am I jumped all over it. I would have faired better with Evan Williams!

DON'T BE KNOCKIN' THE BLACK LABEL! :tsk: It isn't the best or most expen$ive, but cannot beat it for the price!

I dO!
anybody who loves Whiskey needs to try out some Woodford Reserve. Its pricy but YUM! its good, and smooth.

Whats your favorite brand?

ps. my ex girlfriend needs help moving next week and she bought me and my buddy a bottle of Johnny Walker BLUE! for helping!!!!!!! I cannot wait... I foresee the only thing being moved is the couch, the tv and the fridge, then it will be drinkin time.

.... days pass by....

ok here it is. A toast to my whiskey drinkin, 2nd amendment lovin, gun toatin, brothers out there.
View attachment 20907
Beam and coke or jack and coke after shooting with friends....let freedom ring..have a drink after

DON'T BE KNOCKIN' THE BLACK LABEL! :tsk: It isn't the best or most expen$ive, but cannot beat it for the price!

Brother I aint knocking it at all, I got a bottle of it lees than five feet from me. The shine happens to be closer though. But any way just saying for the price I could get a much bigger bottle of Evan Williams!

I didn't say it was good, I said it was good for $16/bottle, and it is.

I dO!
anybody who loves Whiskey needs to try out some Woodford Reserve. Its pricy but YUM! its good, and smooth.

Whats your favorite brand?

ps. my ex girlfriend needs help moving next week and she bought me and my buddy a bottle of Johnny Walker BLUE! for helping!!!!!!! I cannot wait... I foresee the only thing being moved is the couch, the tv and the fridge, then it will be drinkin time.

.... days pass by....

ok here it is. A toast to my whiskey drinkin, 2nd amendment lovin, gun toatin, brothers out there.
View attachment 20907

See, it's that " good and smooth" part that's dangerous. Especially with that Blue Label you have there. Before you know it you're lookin' at an empty bottle and thinkin' "Aww hell, tomorrow's gonna be cloudy."
I drank Chivas, Black Label and Glenlivet in the late 90s. And a lot of it. I can't stand to think of the cash I pissed away. When I do drink whiskey now I usually buy Jameson's or Bushmill's.

If its brown, its going down! I've tried more brands than I can recall but I usually reach for the Evans since I usually mix with coke. I do like Crown and Single Barrel Jack but too pricy for everyday drinking.

Back
Top Bottom