Why am I having trouble using the back button?

It is not your computer it is a problem with the site. If you hold down the back button you will see a drop down list of prior links. The reason you don't see the screen change is because there are multiple bogus links between the current page and the prior page.

It is not your computer it is a problem with the site. If you hold down the back button you will see a drop down list of prior links. The reason you don't see the screen change is because there are multiple bogus links between the current page and the prior page.
Say what?

OK, let me try to explain what I have found to be going on when I have had this experience. First, I use Internet Explorer to view ODT. I don't know if the same issue would happen using a different browser. I have had to click the back button multiple times on occasion before it would change and go to the prior page I had viewed. When this happens I have found that if I move my mouse over the back button and hold it down it will give me a list of the last several pages viewed. Once that happens you can scroll down to the page you want to see and click it. That function allows you to skip back directly to the prior page you want to see.

That explains the IE browser feature. Now to the actual problem people are talking about on this thread. If you click your browser back button and nothing appears to happen, then try holding down the back button as described above. What you find will be some web addresses listed that you have not visited listed multiple times. Next time it happens to me I will try to jot down the address so that we can perhaps identify the problem. The problem does not happen with every page on the ODT, but it does happen fairly often. My guess is that it is some type of tracking ad link or other problem link that is behind the scenes and pops up occasionally. Since I am not an IT professional I don't know of a better way to describe the problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom