• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why are watermelon threads deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got halfway through it, clicked back and it was gone. This selective politically correct satire rating is quite subjective and is fence straddling IMHO. Is it okay to make jokes about womens sexual parts, gays, clips, mags, intelligence, capitalists, rednecks, tea partiers...etc Religious folks? Seems that only a select few "jokes" here are censored. Kind of how our government discriminates against a select few(white males, tea party, patriots, conservatives...etc).....just never thought I would see it here...... I say let it all hang or shut it all down. I am in a strange mood tonight...lol

It got shut down because within the first 10 comments there were multiple examples of racist innuendos. I thought we were all a little older than reverting to Jim Crow times..I hardly see the relation between a discussion about "clips" & racists comments involving watermelons but, I may be wrong....if you feel it should be re-opened then please post in the private section for the other mods to have a look at.

I just went and read the thread and over 1/3 of the replies were racist. the others were mainly smileys .

the OP wasn't a problem. it was just a link to a weird ad. the lack of control from the people posting replies was plenty enough reason to delete the thread.

the moderation isn't "selective" we have a forum for political, religious, and even semi-sexual discussions. if a thread is started in a main area that falls into one of those categories it gets moved there most of the time. Those areas require a user to request access and people can and have been removed from them if they are over the top with their expressed views on one group or topic.

we do not have a racist comment section since there is no place for it here. We are already a group that is stereo-typed by the outside looking in, especially in these times. the last thing we need here is racism, or the image that we support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom