• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why no cash price? Trade only seems stupid...

Barton72

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it. Why would someone turn down a buyer for something and say "not for sale, I only want to trade"? Seems really dumb to me. I could sell the item and go purchase whatever I wanted whether it was brand new or for sale on the forum. I just don't see the point in it. If someone offers you cash in your f/t thread, why the heck would you say no? Please discuss.

I also don't and will never understand why people are too lazy to post pictures in fs/ft ads, but that will never change.

Personal preference. I'd rather swap guns than sell them, I've found even if you price it low someone will always try to get it lower, so I just avoid selling as much as possible.

cash limits you...say i will take 400 for cash but my trade would be for a handgun that if i had to buy would cost 450...so you get more in trade than you do in cash...just my 2 cents

as for pics for some reason i can no longer add pics in my posts...i could for the longest time but up till a few weeks ago i can not add them...seems even when i resize my pics it just wont take...i hate it myself but its a necessary evil ....i can text pics all day long so i feel that at least im still trying to accommodate everyone i can

Last edited:
Barton 72 your question is a valid one, but as stated on this thread, Money will get gone. Glad to here you have your money and she has hers. In my house, what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. Don't even fight it anymore. Life is way to short.

You must not be married, LOL. Cash comes in my door, and the wife takes it.:)

OMG.....you can say that again............I enjoy the pleasure of trading a lot more than buying.......and I ALWAYS post pics.....I also don't understand the reasoning behind not putting up pictures.....Steve made it so easy on the forum to do so......

OMG.....you can say that again............I enjoy the pleasure of trading a lot more than buying.......and I ALWAYS post pics.....I also don't understand the reasoning behind not putting up pictures.....Steve made it so easy on the forum to do so......

seems my ease of posting pics has disappeared

Back
Top Bottom