• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wideners has 8lb WC867 & WC872 fot $39.

Lumberman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
What if any uses could this military powder be used for other than 50BMG? Sure would make for some cheap plinking if it could be used for any range ammo. Let me know if anybody has any experience.

From GIBRASS.COM

WC872 Original application is U.S. 20mm Vulcan ammo. A ball powder which
can be loaded using Hodgdon H870 or AA8700 data. Very limited supply.
Ideal for .50 BMG and other large capacity magnums.
An unexpected acquisition.
This is pulldown ball powder.

To use that in smaller shells you need an igniter charge I did research and come to the conclusion that it is not for beginners, a hassle and data less. From what I gathered you need atleast a magnum case with 3 grains of pistol powder (bullseye was recommended) then fill to capacity with the slow burning powder the capacity is where you need to know a little. The Good thing is that you can't fit too much in a case so you won't over do it by much you will just have a little in burnt powder in the barrel. Even though the pistol powder is an extremely fast burner with only 3 you won't hurt a magnum chamber they are already built stronger. The head ache comes into play now you have two variables to tweak to get it right with no start data.

To use that in smaller shells you need an igniter charge I did research and come to the conclusion that it is not for beginners, a hassle and data less. From what I gathered you need atleast a magnum case with 3 grains of pistol powder (bullseye was recommended) then fill to capacity with the slow burning powder the capacity is where you need to know a little. The Good thing is that you can't fit too much in a case so you won't over do it by much you will just have a little in burnt powder in the barrel. Even though the pistol powder is an extremely fast burner with only 3 you won't hurt a magnum chamber they are already built stronger. The head ache comes into play now you have two variables to tweak to get it right with no start data.

Great info Thks. Sounds like a good excuse to get a 50BMG.

Back
Top Bottom