Will military be on our side during shtf?

Will military be on our side during shtf?

• Yes

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 68 68.0%

• Total voters
I love our military and I respect and apreciate all that they do. Unfortunatly they do fall under "questionable" leadership at times and follow "questionable" orders. Unfortunatly I to, had a boating accident this morning dang it! but if i had not they would have to confiscate my guns.......one bullet at a time! :D

Sorry to Chime in on the Thread Late:
I think that we do not give our "Grunts" and or officers for thatmatter enough respect and credit. Just because you shoot at stationary targetsonce or twice a week does not make you combat effective nor ready...Amateurstrain until they get it right yet professionals train until they get it wrong. I love my country and have respect and lovefor all my brothers and sisters in the four branches...But if you pick a fightI will do what I have been trained to do.

(Before the heckling starts...I have myDD214 BTW and educated by a Military Academy so I am not some Arm Chair Rambo) Theissue from my experience is not about following orders but following the group,for those of us who have experienced the machine the parts that stick out getnoticed and getting noticed equals extra attention and extra attention usuallymeans extra pain. This is beaten into you during basic and solidified during patrollevel maneuvers...Yes there will be some that go against the flow but they willbe quickly noticed and eliminated unless they represent the majority.

However, the same threats that your familywill encounter so will theirs which means that their families could becometargets if someone followed the order to fire on their own countrymen. (AccidentsHappen) So why would anyone in their right mind want to have their family indanger? They are no longer “In the Rear with the Gear” and could become subjectto targeting by pissed off groups. Should you be approached by USMIL/LEO thenyou need to have your decision made prior to the engagement...Fight, Flight, orDeception. I will not go into the first those are personal choices, I will howevergive some insight into the boating accident suggestions (Deception)....Who intheir right mind is going to believe you had all your guns on a single boat fora hunt? The machine loves paperwork and documentation so give it to them...Cruisethe papers and find the obituaries and find someone to “Sell” all your niftystuff to then when they come a knocking you can show documentation of the saleand transfer of ownership. Just keep in mind that if you owned multiplePlatforms they will realize that just because you don’t have one in hand doesn’tmean you don’t know how to use one effectively.

Not everyone with the POG is a tech. Spent a bit of time with the 4th during interesting times. While some of the members lived quite nicely at Bragg, some got dirty. It ain't just speakers in the sky and pamphlets. CO kept a kevlar in his office with proof you had to treat your troops right.

While I do know what my Navy NEC was (8404/0000), i cant for the life of me recall what my Army MOS was: and I'm to lazy to find my DD-214. May have to look into it this weekend.

Last edited:
Not everyone with the POG is a tech. Spent a bit of time with the 4th during interesting times. While some of the members lived quite nicely at Bragg, some got dirty. It ain't just speakers in the sky and pamphlets. CO kept a kevlar in his office with proof you had to treat your troops right.

While I do know what my Navy NEC was (8404/0000), i cant for the life of me recall what my Army MOS was: and I'm to lazy to find my DD-214. May have to look into it this weekend.

What was your job title?

Back
Top Bottom