• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Winchester Model 100 Firing Pin Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewilly

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
261   0
Reaction score
Trying to remove the firing pin from my Winchester, Model 100 so I can send it in for recall and get a new one. I have done this before on another rifle and the firing pin fell right out, but for some reason on this one it will not come out. Anyone had a similar problem? I'm thinking of cutting off the head of the firing pin and pushing it through the bolt, but not sure how Winchester would react when I send them in two pieces!:(

Last edited:
If you look at the drawing the firing pin (#14) should fall right out the back of the bolt (#3) when it is disassembled. I have it completely disassembled like shown in the above schematic and it will not come out! I'm thinking about cutting the head off the firing pin and removing it toward the front of the bolt, but still curious why the heck it won't just come out the way it is supposed to?

Last edited:
Also have to find a retainer (#26) in schematic, cause the original one was broken. Looks like Numrich is sold out, so may have to go to Nu-Line Guns, Inc., cause I don't think I will find one locally.

Get some pb blaster and soak it for a few hours . If that doesn't get it all the way heat up it goes without saying don't heat it up red hot or anything that would cause it to loose.it's temper.

Well the firing pin moves freely in the bolt, but does not fall out the back like it is supposed to do when bolt is disassembled.

Oh ok I didn't realize the pin moves free. That's a weird problem. Call Winchester and ask if two pieces is cool. The pin might be bent or slightly warped so cutting might be your only option.

Just talked to Winchester and the customer service lady said no problem with cutting the pin and sending both pieces in and they will replace it. She did indicate that she had seen several that were sent back cut in two pieces, so I guess I'm not the only one with the problem. Now to try to cut the head off the pin.

Here you go. Not sure my hacksaw will cut this. I may have to come up and see you and have you cut it for me. The last one I did it came right out the back of the bolt. Thanks:)
i58.tinypic.com_v7v69t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom