• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Winchester Model 1892 Value

voconner

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got a Model 1892 Winchester in 38 W.C.F. With a serial number lower than 80,000. I was wondering if anyone had any information on values of these rifles? Also where is the best place for Ammo?

Thanks in advance.

The cheap end would be $5-700, the high end= astronomical. Condition on everything will determine the value, grade, wood, steel, rifling, sights, barrel type etc. Bullets are around, just have to look for'em. When are you going to list it here ? I'm ready, LOL

Model 1892 or made in 1894? Contact winchester and get a date of manufacture. That would be the first determining factor in value. Ammo can be had but probably not the easiest to find, probably something that you may want to consider reloading for.

If that's the case, the gun is worth more as an heirloom than any amount of cash, please don't sell it, and don't even worry about monetary value. Its a collector for one. 38-40 Winchester can be had from 40-75$ per 50 if you shop around online. Possibly try Atlanta arms and ammo to see if they produce target loads in that caliber.

Definitely worth more too me. I just like to know more about what I got.

Also does anyone know a local store that sells .38 w.c.f. Without me having to buy online.

Definitely worth more too me. I just like to know more about what I got.

Also does anyone know a local store that sells .38 w.c.f. Without me having to buy online.

Call your local gun stores and or ranges. That's the best thing I can tell you, everyone is going to have different prices so spend a few minutes phone shopping. I checked online and it's fairly pricey for 50, 40-70$ and stores tend to be more on the high end.

If it was made BEFORE they were proofed for smokeless powder, I wouldnt. I know folks that do, but I wouldnt. Would be a shame to blow an antique Winchester up. If you cant load or get blackpowder cartridge loads...sell it and buy a modern replica. Of course, thats just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom