• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Winchester white box 9mm

Yep, that's pretty good, but I assume that $85,plus tax ? WM and Academy sell the 150-rd box of Winchester Forged (US-made, steel cased) 9mm, everyday, for just under $25,total. If you're not wanting the brass casings for reloading, this stuff is just fine blasting ammo, and it's even cheaper, with less of a bulk purchase required, and you don't have to wait for a special sale.

I picked some of this ammo up while it was on sale a while back. I finally got around to shooting some of it a few weeks ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be dirty ammo, but it wasn't bad at all.

I don't reload, so I don't care if it's brass or not.

I'll pay the extra $2/500 for the brass case ammo. Just not a fan of steel.

Why not? Your gun can't tell the difference (in fact, neither can you :becky:). People hear "steel cases" and they imagine it's like hardened D2 tool steel, eating up their gun's innards, when it's actually a very soft,low grade steel that doesn't damage anything.
And, I'm not often up for dropping nearly $100 on some cheap plinking ammo, but 150-rds for under $25 (over the counter) is pretty painless and easy, and I was just suggesting it as a cheap option.
I agreed that the Winchester sale was pretty good.

I'm pretty sure most of you have seen this already. BUT I've seen that WALLY WORLD is carrying WINCHESTER WHITE BOX 9MM AMMO for 85.00...that's 500 rods for 85.00...that's a pretty good deal I think

Quick check on ammoseek and this is appears to be a great deal. I could not find a better deal anwywhere online. Thanks for the heads up! May be going to Wally World tomorrow.

Why not? Your gun can't tell the difference (in fact, neither can you :becky:). People hear "steel cases" and they imagine it's like hardened D2 tool steel, eating up their gun's innards, when it's actually a very soft,low grade steel that doesn't damage anything.
And, I'm not often up for dropping nearly $100 on some cheap plinking ammo, but 150-rds for under $25 (over the counter) is pretty painless and easy, and I was just suggesting it as a cheap option.
I agreed that the Winchester sale was pretty good.

No real reason, just my preference. I waste money on many other things as well.
But it seems to me that $85 for 500 brass is not much more than $83.33 for steel (if the earlier post of $25 for 150 steel was correct).

So I went to Academy with my cell phone and WallyWorld's online prices. Academy met that price plus 5 percent - which almost paid the sales tax to boot.

I just checked Wal-Marts website and there Winchester 9mm pricing doesn't show up. Just says only it's an "in store puchase only". Can you post a link to what you saw if Academy was willing to price match? Thanks.

I just checked Wal-Marts website and there Winchester 9mm pricing doesn't show up. Just says only it's an "in store puchase only". Can you post a link to what you saw if Academy was willing to price match? Thanks.

You know, I would, but I'm seeing what you're seeing. Apparently Walmart is out of stock because they don't list a single box of 200 of ANY 9mm ammo. Turns out mine is Federal and was a 200 round box for $27.86 - which isn't even on their site anywhere right now. It worked out to under 14 cents a round before taxes.

Back
Top Bottom