Window Replacement Recommendations?

If you have standard double hung windows it's a DIY project. My neighbor had a quote a while back of $25K for 18 standard windows that you could have bought at HD for under $300 a window, They are easy to replace and once you do one you can move pretty fast. I've done 4 houses by myself with and a helper. Check out the video on Lowes. I know there are plenty of high end windows but unless you plan on staying in the house forever and it's an expensive house there isn't a need to go crazy. DIY is the way to go.

Use a nationally known major company otherwise the warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
We purchased Gorrell thru DuraCraft and when 50% of the windows failed we were SOL with their "lifetime" warranty. I believe both companies are gone now
Doesn't have to be a nationally known company. It just has to be a company that isn't a fly by night outfit ran by flakey people.

If you're an avid DIY I would also recommend doing them yourself. You'll save thousands of dollars.
Lead time is the biggest push right now, a buddy has been put on a waitlist due to material availability. He is expecting to have the windows installed sometime in August/September.

Sup everyone,

My wife and I are in the process of buying our first home! Took a full year of offers but we finally landed one.

Windows definitely need replacing, yall have any good recommendations? I've never done anything like this so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Builders Surplus they have tons And they are really helpful. Watch some videos on how to swap windows. Use great stuff window and door for insulation, caulk the outside and trim out the inside with primed pine 1x4’s It’s easier than you think. You will save THOUSANDS doing it yourselves.

Builders Surplus
2960 Olympic Industrial Dr SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
United States

We replaced the windows in our house ourselves

It’s not that difficult if you have some diy skills

We used Andersen 100 windows
Ours are huge , seven feet wide and five feet tall , and they are currently about $1000 each at the big orange box store or other places that sell Andersen .
We Just ordered some for the new addition to match the ones in the house .

I prefer my old windows. But for new ones, it would be hard to beat vinyl. They won't decay. I don't like the double pain, but you can't get the old single pain anymore. Not unless you buy old used ones

I'd do DIY but I think the whole window area needs to be replaced as well. Like where the window would sit. I'm not even sure what that part is called or if those are custom made lol. They're also on a second story way to high for a ladder so I'd have to do it from the inside

Back
Top Bottom