Wing Walker dies, pics vid attached

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
It was weird to see the pics, frame by frame and see the guy fall to his death, then saw the video. Then, the same link has a cop being shot in the neck and you see the aftermath, he lived.

When did the news become non-PG ? I remember they would just tell you what occured and stopped the video or show a generic picture, but it seems not only the news is getting more "R" rated, but I just watched a PG13 movie that should have been "R", guess the rating system has been updated

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/wing-walker-dies-after-1128696.html

Saw this on Fox this morning but they cut the video off halfway through. Horrible stuff for sure.

And yes, the rating system is completely ****ed. I recently watched "Easy A" with Emma Stone, rated PG13 and there is NO FLIPPIN WAY I would let my (future) 13 y.o. watch that smut. On the other hand, Judge Dredd is rated R? I guess hokey futuristic violence is that much worse than promiscuous teenage sex.

The norms of society are constantly changing. 100yrs ago a woman would be considered a slut if she exposed her ankles. Now look at the way "polite" women dress in public. There is nothing dirty or shameful about human sexuality and our culture reflects that. Older generations may have different views because that is what they are used to but in my generation (I'm 25) sexuality is a perfectly normal, healthy part of life. There is nothing wrong with discussing sex or showing sexually charged situations between actors on TV or in the movies as long as they aren't showing the graphic details.

As for the violence/gore, well it may be unpleasant but its just a depiction of reality. On 9/11 I couldn't believe that they were showing people jumping out of buildings on TV. Yesterday I saw a picture of a headless body lying in the street in Somalia on the news and I didn't even think twice about it.

The norms of society are constantly changing. 100yrs ago a woman would be considered a slut if she exposed her ankles. Now look at the way "polite" women dress in public. There is nothing dirty or shameful about human sexuality and our culture reflects that. Older generations may have different views because that is what they are used to but in my generation (I'm 25) sexuality is a perfectly normal, healthy part of life. There is nothing wrong with discussing sex or showing sexually charged situations between actors on TV or in the movies as long as they aren't showing the graphic details.

As for the violence/gore, well it may be unpleasant but its just a depiction of reality. On 9/11 I couldn't believe that they were showing people jumping out of buildings on TV. Yesterday I saw a picture of a headless body lying in the street in Somalia on the news and I didn't even think twice about it.

100% agree...The cop getting shot in the neck video absolutely horrified me...one because of what I do for a living and two knowing that it's real life.

Back
Top Bottom