WMA Youth Hunt

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
My Son and I got here this morning and did some scouting before it got too hot. We are all set. We got camp set up and cooked dinner on a fire. We made s’mores and told hunting stories. This is his first time camping...period. He’s having a good time so far.
We have a good spot picked out with lots of food and sign. I hope the weather is good in the early morning. I’ll be sure to update as the hunt goes along, service permitting.
I’m hoping that the .308 gets to eat in the morning.

My Son and I got here this morning and did some scouting before it got too hot. We are all set. We got camp set up and cooked dinner on a fire. We made s’mores and told hunting stories. This is his first time camping...period. He’s having a good time so far.
We have a good spot picked out with lots of food and sign. I hope the weather is good in the early morning. I’ll be sure to update as the hunt goes along, service permitting.
I’m hoping that the .308 gets to eat in the morning.
What WMA are y’all on? Sounds like a good time spent between father and son.

What WMA are y’all on? Sounds like a good time spent between father and son.
He got drawn for the Chattahoochee Fall Line Ft Perry WMA youth hunt.
We had a great time, despite the heat and lack of deer. This was his first time camping and we absolutely loved and enjoyed every minute of it. The look on his face when he saw how many stars were in the sky was priceless. We don’t have near as many visible at home due to all of the city lights around here.
The heat was absolutely brutal, so dragging a 7 year old around in the woods scouting was not going to last very long. We found a great spot full of persimmons and the deer were hammering them, but they must have been coming in there at night. Two mornings and one evening were rather uneventful. A few folks had some luck....I heard that one kid in camp killed a piebald deer.
My Son has hunted with me for a few years, he knows that you don’t always get one every trip. He even told me that what matters most is the time we spend together. He’s right too folks.

He got drawn for the Chattahoochee Fall Line Ft Perry WMA youth hunt.
We had a great time, despite the heat and lack of deer. This was his first time camping and we absolutely loved and enjoyed every minute of it. The look on his face when he saw how many stars were in the sky was priceless. We don’t have near as many visible at home due to all of the city lights around here.
The heat was absolutely brutal, so dragging a 7 year old around in the woods scouting was not going to last very long. We found a great spot full of persimmons and the deer were hammering them, but they must have been coming in there at night. Two mornings and one evening were rather uneventful. A few folks had some luck....I heard that one kid in camp killed a piebald deer.
My Son has hunted with me for a few years, he knows that you don’t always get one every trip. He even told me that what matters most is the time we spend together. He’s right too folks.
Yeah you’re right all that matters is the fun that y’all had even if you don’t see a thing.

B3AAD670-642E-498C-BD75-75901643A025.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom