• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wolf A1 complete upper $559 shipped

More verbal diareah, I see. And still cannot name a single non AR gun using the "non-DI" system that AR uses.
Bonus points on question avoidance.
Such a superior design that new production guns do not use it.
You used to own one AK? Great. I have several Geisselle, DD, FN and Colt ARs. Does that make me an expert on AR? Nope. Never claimed that I was. But I do know a thing or two about piston guns, having grown up with them.

What makes it superior? Reliability? An AR15 can go thousands of rounds without cleaning and still be reliable. It also outperforms many external-piston guns, like the AK, in mud tests. The AR15 has less recoil and lower muzzle rise in rapid or fully-automatic fire when compared to external piston rifles. That's an objective advantage. External piston guns seem more reliable in the minds of some people, but testing does not show there to be any increase in reliability. This isn't an objective advantage.
Apparently not without cooking off ammo.
Or withhout constant cleaning in desert conditions.

And those aren't the AR18. The AR18 wasn't designed as an improvement upon the AR15; it was always the less expensive alternative made because they sold the rights to make the real deal AR15.

Also, there were plenty of nations that made their own designs which were twists of already existing concepts to avoid having to pay the high licensing fees to make AR15s or the even higher fees to buy the rifles outright. Look at South Korea's Daewoo K series of rifles as an example of this. "What is the best possible service rifle." is quite often not the determining factor of which rifle a military ends up using. "What can we afford?" and "What designs are within our manufacturing capabilities?" are often more pressing concerns.

There's also the fact that militaries sometimes just make dumb decisions; look at the bullpup rifle fad which is finally starting to show its end.
Bro, don't be hating on all bullpups. Some aren't great. The Tavor/X95 is amazing, literally my #1 gal.

What makes it superior? Reliability? An AR15 can go thousands of rounds without cleaning and still be reliable. It also outperforms many external-piston guns, like the AK, in mud tests. The AR15 has less recoil and lower muzzle rise in rapid or fully-automatic fire when compared to external piston rifles. That's an objective advantage. External piston guns seem more reliable in the minds of some people, but testing does not show there to be any increase in reliability. This isn't an objective advantage.
Wolf A1s, LMT pistons, LWRC pistons, POF pistons, etc. all have the same recoil as a "DI" AR-15.

20210220_143240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom