• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wolf (Ulyanovsk) 7.62x39 124gr FMJ $212.99/1000rds+SH

I just can't see it going away for a long period like 22 did.

Everybody has a 22 gun or two so the demand is huge. The demand for 7.62x39 is a lot more limited so even if all SKS owners stock up I just don't think it will make as big a dent in the supply over the long haul.

I just can't see it going away for a long period like 22 did.

Everybody has a 22 gun or two so the demand is huge. The demand for 7.62x39 is a lot more limited so even if all SKS owners stock up I just don't think it will make as big a dent in the supply over the long haul.

Exactly. The 22lr round is the most universal round on the planet and everyone has something that shoots it. Even people that don't have a lot of firearms or are not into shooting as a sport have one in a closet or leaning against a corner. Especially if you're in the country or have a farm. I have a lot of firearms but when something is going after my chickens the 22lr is what I grab.

The article that started that rumor from Silver Doctors in conjunction with the fact that a lot of people see what's going on and realize what could happen made a run on 7.62x39. The article that was circulating was not based in fact at the time and if you read through it there was a hyper link to their sales page to buy their 7.62x39 Tula at about $10/20rds. Others jumped on the bandwagon posting that article in forums as if it were a real news article and for about a week there was a run. Sam at SGAmmo told me he sold over 4,000,000rds of 7.62x39 that week, the largest push he's ever seen. Thankly the rumor was dispelled and things calmed back down. The problem is we as consumers cause these shortages. My advice is when it's cheap and plentiful buy some to put up for hard times and I mean real hard times and sit back and watch when this stuff happens.

I for one was almost hoping the did stop sending it over for hopes that an American company would finally get the idea and start producing cheap domestic steel ammo

I for one was almost hoping the did stop sending it over for hopes that an American company would finally get the idea and start producing cheap domestic steel ammo

Even if we did have a company start up making it here I don't think they could compete with the labor market over there. That's one of the factors that makes it so cheap. Especially when we have the possibility of a huge hike in the minimum wage looming.

Back
Top Bottom