Wood grips from Thailand for wheel guns

obiwan

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
335   0
Reaction score
So I'm either old school or just plain old, but I'm not a fan of rubber grips on wheel guns so I decided to go look for a set of wood grips. Does anyone feel the same about rubber grips? They're good to shoot with, but they're just damn ugly!!!

Ended up buying these that are from Thailand (free shipping but the post office for some reason held it at their facility for months and didn't deliver to me, I finally had to go get them myself after the new year came.). Quality of the grip is nice, took all but 5 minutes to install and the fit was perfect. Paid $38 for the first, they might have gone up a few bucks now since I place my first order in October, the second (solid color) I just ordered today for $39 -- sounds like the start of another ADDICTION! LOL

You can find these on Ebay.

i40.tinypic.com_e63frc.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_vq2vpu.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_o791yg.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_15gqid0.jpg

I feel the same way, but I have ugly rubber grips on my 357. Function over form for me.

My favorite grips are the wood paneled Ruger grips. They felt great and had a little wood for some class.

Nice looking grips bud, I was wondering about those ones fro Thailand but beed afraid to order a set. I use Pacs for my 357 because they feel great for shooting but the wood do look nicer.

I feel the same way, but I have ugly rubber grips on my 357. Function over form for me.

My favorite grips are the wood paneled Ruger grips. They felt great and had a little wood for some class.

I like those Ruger grips a lot!

Nice looking grips bud, I was wondering about those ones fro Thailand but beed afraid to order a set. I use Pacs for my 357 because they feel great for shooting but the wood do look nicer.

Feel free to give them a try, they fit my 686 perfect without any adjustment on my part.

I'm a member of the club.

Love 'em!

Attachments

• Pistolas 140.jpg
    Pistolas 140.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 51
  • Pistolas 141.jpg
    Pistolas 141.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 52
Hey Obiwan, nice revolver! I am not a fan of "goodyears" on a revolver. OK, I know they are great at the range, or if you happen to carry it, but dang, rubber grips are just ugly. Really ugly. I acquired this set of grips from a member who ordered them. They are from Thailand, and fit really nice. A bit shiny, but not bad at all. Of course, I am a nut about changing out grips on revolvers. There are some high end wood grip makers. I have several sets from John Culina, none from Keith Brown but he does beautiful work, but I do have a nice set of elk antler or bone grips from Patrick Grashorn. I know, I got carried away. Anyway here is a pic.

[Broken External Image]:

I feel the same about the Wood Grips. A classy Revolver or 1911 looks so much better and looks like a better quality gun. I am Retired Army and spent a little time in Thailand. They had some super nice figures carved from wood. These grips should be nice.

I feel the same about the Wood Grips. A classy Revolver or 1911 looks so much better and looks like a better quality gun. I am Retired Army and spent a little time in Thailand. They had some super nice figures carved from wood. These grips should be nice. When I was Recruiting in Lynchburg, VA i ran across a guy named Roy Fishback or something like that and had him make me a set for a Python. Later after leaving there I kept seeing his grips in Gun Magazines. Beautiful Work.

Back
Top Bottom