• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Words that are not in the dictionary

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
I was at the gas station last night and this is the conversation that I heard. I will start with the word and then use it in a sentence. Amunago "Hey dog where you been?" "Man I just got let out of prison amunago !" You could also use the word like this. Amunago to the store and get some more beer. So it could mean 1 month ago or I'm going to go. What words do yall know like this. I know we have a rich history in GA of the mountain language with many colorful words and with Ebonics it just makes this place great. One of my favorite country words is et. Ya et yet. Et=eat. And yes all my family still uses the word! :pop2:

"dem" them *** "dat" that *** "does" those *** "dees" these *** "fo" four, for *** This is just a few I hear all the time, what a shame the way the English language gets butchered.

Last edited:
Not what I was expecting... I was ready to post the word coined by my three year old: lasterday (as in yesterday)

I will throw out "boot" as in trunk of your car and "momandem" as in the family. Admittedly, Jeff Foxworthy's comedy routine killed most of the uncommon words we use.

Not what I was expecting... I was ready to post the word coined by my three year old: lasterday (as in yesterday)

I will throw out "boot" as in trunk of your car and "momandem" as in the family. Admittedly, Jeff Foxworthy's comedy routine killed most of the uncommon words we use.
"Boot" is actually English for the "trunk" of your car and "bonnet" is what we call the "hood."

Armageddon:

"Yo, I just saw Meatwad practicing his tactical couch dives and dry fire drills...it's about to get live up in here, Armageddon outta here!" :bolt:

"Boot" is actually English for the "trunk" of your car and "bonnet" is what we call the "hood."

Armageddon:

"Yo, I just saw Meatwad practicing his tactical couch dives and dry fire drills...it's about to get live up in here, Armageddon outta here!" :bolt:

LOL!!!! :pound:

Armageddon:

what ever happened to that guy?

Back
Top Bottom