• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

work shoe suggestions

If you're heavy and have wide feet Keen and Merrell will be your feet's best friend.
33 years in my industry of concrete standing/walking, ladders, grated steel wing stands and tail docks I've pretty much tried them all and the two above have been the most comfortable for me.
No factory sole insert has ever really worked well for me so aftermarket heavy duty inserts are first order of business and they get changed on a 6-month rotation.
Did you mention safety toe or not necessary?

If you're heavy and have wide feet Keen and Merrell will be your feet's best friend.
33 years in my industry of concrete standing/walking, ladders, grated steel wing stands and tail docks I've pretty much tried them all and the two above have been the most comfortable for me.
No factory sole insert has ever really worked well for me so aftermarket heavy duty inserts are first order of business and they get changed on a 6-month rotation.
Did you mention safety toe or not necessary?
The company recommends we have a protective toe but it isn't required. Unfortunately, the website we can use our allotment on has only protective toe shoes and boots.
I am down under 180 pounds right now so not heavy but I have owned both Keen and Merrill hiking shoes and have no complaints about any of the pairs I had.
I also replace the factory insoles with better ones.

I am looking for suggestions for work shoes for standing and walking on concrete for 9-hour days.

I changed careers back in March and went from being a commercial truck driver after over 30 years to being an instructor at a national truck driver training school. Needless to say, going from mostly sitting behind the wheel to standing on concrete and walking next to trucks has been a challenge at my age. But I was already healthy and have lost almost 30 pounds in the past 6 months, so I am a lot lighter on my feet than I have been in a long time.

I have a pair of Wolverine Durashock boots but they get hot here in Savannah and a pair of New Balance shoes which are cooler and lighter but made for running, not standing.
Any suggestions for something lighter than the boots but more comfortable than the running shoes? I have a $200 footwear allotment, but it can only be used on the Lehigh Safety Shoes website.

I thank you, and my feet thank you.
BROOKS IS THE BEST

Back
Top Bottom