Working up 9mm load

Ok pal. for kicks measure barrel bore dimension with caliper. Anyway, I think as soon as you get to 4.4 grains, problem solved and its great. watch.
You can't measure a barrel bore with a caliper......not accurately. Bore diameter isn't going to be an issue here anyways.

Ran about 40 rounds through three different guns.

4.5gr win 231 with 124gr LRN. CCI primer. Seated 1.12”

All 40 cycled and were very accurate. We shot them through the Bersa, a SW shield, and a kimber.

I think this is the load. May experiment with seating deeper and lowering the charge, but for the purposes of a target load, I am happy with the results.

Sounds like you got it.

Just a thought for you:

This is how I figure it: All of my guns are new enough and in good enough condition to trust that the max load in any up-to-date, recently published load manual will most likely be safe. It may be more than I need but it will be safe. So, I start close to the max with the intention of working down to the best load. Sometimes, I still go up from there, simply because not all max load data is valid.

Regarding the Bersa: Once you shoot a few hundred through it, it will loosen up and may run on a lighter load.

Back
Top Bottom