would this trust name work?

abailey362

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
so, getting my trust put together just incase the form 3 comes in anytime soon so I can start the REAL wait, and trying to name my trust. I know it really doesn't matter for a can, but also looking at building an sbr on a form 1, which will require engraving.
since the atf only needs "(name of trust)" trust and not revocable living trust on the receiver or the word "the", can I name my trust "in God we"?
would be very incognito to the average person, wouldn't have to worry about trying to hide the engraving, and would look nice imho.

thoughts?

Probably has already been thought of and used by someone, and if sent in, would get kicked back because of a conflict with the name. It needs to be unique to you, such as " Bailey family trust." That would suck to send it in, wait 5 months, get a letter from the ATF that it won't go thru because of a technicality, then have to resubmit your paperwork and wait even longer.

Name it whatever you want.
Mine is my initials and the word "TRUST"

XXX TRUST

Good point made about someone may already have that idea named for their trust though. I don't know if you could call them and ask or what...maybe it won't matter if they are in a different state?

Last edited:
so, getting my trust put together just incase the form 3 comes in anytime soon so I can start the REAL wait, and trying to name my trust. I know it really doesn't matter for a can, but also looking at building an sbr on a form 1, which will require engraving.
since the atf only needs "(name of trust)" trust and not revocable living trust on the receiver or the word "the", can I name my trust "in God we"?
would be very incognito to the average person, wouldn't have to worry about trying to hide the engraving, and would look nice imho.

thoughts?

While you might think of it as cute, the ATF won't and they will reject it. Years ago people got away with putting the reason for owning Class III items as Zombies, etc. The ATF no longer thinks it's cute to play around wih trust names and reasons for owning.

If you sent in a form today you would have a 6-8 month wait. Why bother dicking around trying to make your trust name all cutesy just for it to get rejected?

not cutesy, but something that I won't have to try and hide on a lower when engraved.

not sure what is cutesy about "In God We Trust" either

http://nwgunlawgroup.com/naming-a-gun-trust/

I've always hard you CAN name it anything you want, but there are preferred ways.

I did a lot of research before setting mine up, I never read anything about issues with duplicate names, but I'm no expert.
Yeah, that's what I was talkin bout. Maybe it won't matter if "the other name" is located in a different state?

http://nwgunlawgroup.com/naming-a-gun-trust/I've always hard you CAN name it anything you want, but there are preferred ways.I did a lot of research before setting mine up, I never read anything about issues with duplicate names, but I'm no expert.
I have met several people with "in God we" trusts over the years. I don't believe the trust has to have a unique name.

Back
Top Bottom