• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you be safe if Atlanta was hit?

Yea if someone was going to nuke ATL they’d definitely have other priority targets. Unless they just really hated ATL... either way I’m juuuust outside the blast radius of most typical known “would be used against us” nukes and this area sits higher than anything ITP. Thankfully immediate fallout would head west so I’m good until it comes back around. At least I know that the Chattahoochee wouldn’t be any worse off to drink than it already is down here.

ATL is a key communications and transportation hub (both air and ground). It's probably high on the list of targets when something does start.

Something to think about when you build your dream shelter.

The Air Force training I received back in 78 during the Cold War. Immediately shelter behind the most soil you can for the initial blast. Even if the only thing available is a curb. For the fallout they recommended digging a hole to get in, and cover the opening with plywood or tarp and put a couple inches of soil on top of that.

Wait 10 days before crawling out
Did they teach you how to do that? Must take some special skills:
Dig a hole, then get in it, then cover the opening with plywood or tarp, then put a couple inches of soil on top of that.
How exactly do you shovel the soil on top, from inside?

I need to stock up on SPF 5000
fXsFQHI.jpg

Did they teach you how to do that? Must take some special skills:
Dig a hole, then get in it, then cover the opening with plywood or tarp, then put a couple inches of soil on top of that.
How exactly do you shovel the soil on top, from inside?
The guy that draws the short straw piles dirt on everyone else's hole then he takes one for the team.
They rebuild society and name a middle school in his memory.

Back
Top Bottom