• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Scale model’s

You have just reminded me and now I am kicking myself. The Atlanta Military Figure Society Show was LAST
weekend. ARGH! I had intended to go and just failed to mark my calendar. Have you ever attended?
I am a model enthusiast as well, and German subjects at that. We probably need to talk!

You have just reminded me and now I am kicking myself. The Atlanta Military Figure Society Show was LAST
weekend. ARGH! I had intended to go and just failed to mark my calendar. Have you ever attended?
I am a model enthusiast as well, and German subjects at that. We probably need to talk!

I have never went to that event although I would like to. I’m not much of a figure painter but really enjoy looking at them and wish I had that talent. I have been to some of the IPMS shows and contests. Share some pics of your work, especially those of the Panzerwaffe or figures!

I build model planes. And they fly, as the one in my avatar. Currently building a 1/3 scale Piper Cub. I'm 3 years into a 5 year project.
I'll post photos tomorrow

I watched a video about a 1/3 scale Focke Wolfe Fw190. Pretty awesome stuff. Admire your patience and perseverance on a long project like that. A 35th scale usually takes me a couple months and that pushes my patience some times.

EA9C9CE2-4783-491D-B968-10D6DD192D39.jpeg
185E8866-A89C-43A3-A5B6-D9800BAC47FB.jpeg
19B679FD-B0D9-4F42-A5C6-BF0D3B1A9FA9.jpeg

Almost finished the base, some small details left to do. I didn’t add near enough tint to the resin “water” so it’s way too clear. I was shooting for a muddy brown. Shouldn’t have mixed the resin and tint in a green bowl, rookie mistake.

This diorama needs more tiger

5514CA16-E788-4A12-B816-3FAB2A9098C1.jpeg

On the bench now. I’m about a third of the way into it. My first RC build and first large scale build. This thing is a beast. I had to put that little vignette on hold for a few, my 3yr old grandson was asking me everyday to build this so he “could drive it”, lol. @furious built a very nice Abrams awhile back that motivated me on the RC stuff.

Back
Top Bottom