Yall check this latest diamond in the rough

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay here is the latest before and after project to be dumped off the roll back in my back yard. According to the seller it hasn't been parked that long. Of course, I remain very skeptical about that. But what we got here is 92 Dodge Daytona with the 3.0 V6 and automatic. And the automatic is the source of why it was parked. So now I gotta find a good 'un to go in it. But first we break out the pressure washer and blow off all the pecan tree sap,leaves and pine straw.

Yall can make all the jokes you want about crushing it but let me just say two things in it's defense. One, I lifted the hood connected the terminals on the bat-tree which was dated for last year (Score!) and it cranked right up. Luckily the gas light was on and the gauge reads real empty. Secondly, there aint that many of these cars left on the road. There are about 3 on ebay right now and they all have multiple bids. Believe it or not there are lots of folks that want these forgotten cars from the 80s and early 90s. Yall stay tuned.

Attachments

• Daytona.JPG
    Daytona.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Daytona2.JPG
    Daytona2.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 131
  • Daytona3.JPG
    Daytona3.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Daytona4.JPG
    Daytona4.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 132
I don't know if I'm proud or ashamed to say, I owned a Daytona, 91, white 5-speed. I don't remember ever having a problem with it. My friend owned the 2.2 Turbo, it was a fun car to hammer! Torque stear? Oh, hell yeah!

I don't know if I'm proud or ashamed to say, I owned a Daytona, 91, white 5-speed. I don't remember ever having a problem with it. My friend owned the 2.2 Turbo, it was a fun car to hammer! Torque stear? Oh, hell yeah!
I wish this was a 2.2 turbo. The 2.2 engine was what went in K cars. I had two of them in 2010 and they are damn good engines. This 3.0 is most likely a Mitsubishi engine. I don't trust anything from Mitsubishi. But on the plus side this is the same 3.0 that went in the Caravans that were about 1000 lbs heavier. So this one ought to be fast when it's done.

Well the pressure washer didn't wanna spray. It runs but won't spray. Not even a weak drip stream. I told the landlord to quit pranking me with broke ****. So I put the pressure on my bad shoulder with the scrub brush and hose. Looking better already...
Daytona5.jpg

Attachments

• Daytona6.jpg
    Daytona6.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 114
  • Daytona7.jpg
    Daytona7.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 114
That's an understatement.
Well just like always, the interior is the real challenge. This one aint awful by any means but there is mildew to deal with including the headliner. Oh and I gotta trash these gay ass UGA floor mats. Unless anyone wants to claim them...
Speak up before they wind up in the burn pile.:cool-new:

Now I'm wondering how difficult/expensive it would be to put a later 2.0 DOHC neon motor and trans in it. Since I got this ghetto Neon in the yard doing nothing. Guess I'm heading to some Mopar sites for info. And yes, those ghetto fabulous wheels are available CHEAP! With the very good tread 17" tires on them.

Attachments

• Neon5.jpg
    Neon5.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 95
I'm thinking about taking the did spoilers off. The driver side one is already loose and the only purpose they seem to have is catching leaves and turning them into compost. Wondering how it will look with just the rear deck spoiler. I hate spoilers to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom