• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yeah, I'd say it's sharp enough.....

If its a Benchmade, you can mail it to them with $5 return postage and they'll put the factory edge back on it for free.

That's also true! They just have a long waiting period. Last blade I sent to them, I got back in 3 months. Good people and great customer service though!

That's also true! They just have a long waiting period. Last blade I sent to them, I got back in 3 months. Good people and great customer service though!

3 months?? GTFO. I use A Lansky stone set and it works really well. I put a 17 degree edge on mine. It passes the slicing paper test, but not the arm hair test. lol. Good enough for me though. I touch them up with a ceramic stone and rarely have had to break a new edge on any knife.

3 months?? GTFO. I use A Lansky stone set and it works really well. I put a 17 degree edge on mine. It passes the slicing paper test, but not the arm hair test. lol. Good enough for me though. I touch them up with a ceramic stone and rarely have had to break a new edge on any knife.

That's the way to do it! The "hair popping" sharp, IMO comes from honing and polishing the edge. You can get that fine edge by stropping. The grit in the polish is higher than the ceramic stones and takes off an even smaller amount of material. I am expert as I'm still learning everyday! Just a hobbyist and I get tickled when I csn get an edge that sharp!

And and pretty close, it's a Mini Barage by Benchmade.

Last edited:
I recently just started stropping my blades as well, It amazes me at the difference it will make on a blade.

I hit mime a couple times a week just to keep the edge.

I have a couple of these now and love them. www.flexxxstrops.com

Doesn't it! It's like a hidden secret to keep your blades sharp! It takes no time at all and anyone can do it! I'd like to pick up one of these someday to hang in the bathroom. Adds a little character!

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_21_77420680bbca09b1208a7ab420b57c00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom