• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yellow Jackets are of the devil I tell you

So the toes still throbbing but who cares with this view....

IMG_8761.JPG

My dad had a nest in a dead oak tree. He asked my son if he wanted to come over after dark and help kill them. I gave dad the idea to use a garden sprayer to get the gas in the tree and he liked the idea.
Drove my son to dad's house to watch the show. All went great until dad decided to "Open up the tree" to see how big the nest was. The first swing with the straight claw hammer and bark flew, the second swing dug the claws in the dead wood and opened a crack large enough for me to see yellow death swirling. I yelled, "they're coming out!" and prepared to run. To my amazement there was a third swing with the blue handled Eastwing as my father says, "OOOH yes they are."

I'm not sure what happened in the next few seconds as I was running away, but soon after I felt I was at a safe distance I stopped to look back only to see my dad running past me with his shirt over his head yelling "The bastards ain't dead, they're tearing me up!" and my son's voice in the darkness saying "Man down, Man down"

Turns out the nest was above the hole and only a few of the brave guards were killed, they rest went on full attack mode on the idiot banging on their house with a hammer. Also turns out I should have elaborated on the meaning of my comment "they're coming out."

I saw one crawl in the holes on the top of my Nephew's Crocs, and stung hi on the toe, it didn't take him long to flip that flop. lol

Back
Top Bottom