• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yellow Jackets are of the devil I tell you

Had a guy that worked for Metrac from up North somewhere working on a track loader one year, he asked if I could get the guys to pull the loader under the shade so I did (Aug in ATL and he was obviously not used to the heat). We left him to it for a while and when I came back I asked him how it was going, before he could answer I got stung. I jumped and cursed about it and he answers my question, "AAHH, one got you too huh? I'd be finished by now if it weren't for these yellow deer flies, they hurt something awful down here. I've been bitten at least 10 times already." I corrected him on the yellow deer fly thing and moved the loader out of the shade then had an operator drop a bucket of dirt on the nest after we found it. The nest was about 15 feet from where he was working.

To this day dad will say "The darn yellow deer flies are bad" and we all laugh about Raymond the Yankee learning what a yellow jacket is.

Gotta set examples for the rest to learn.
I understand, here's a suggestion for those who want payback and fire
643241182c906be0fc5d3f129fbc14f5.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I killed a nest of yellow jackets 2 weeks ago.
I sprayed some "wasp and hornet killer" FOAM spray into and around the hole,
and then shoved a glass bottle (with the cap off, open end first) 90% of the way into the hole.
The yellow jackets inside could not get out, and any that went up into the bottle to try to get out were killed by touching or smelling the fumes of the foam.
There were a lot of yellow jackets who had been in the air and found their airport closed when they came in for landing, but, without their queen, I assume they died after a few days.
I did this in the middle of the afternoon, not at night, because I was in a hurry. It still worked, but it took a few days before the worker bees / wasps disappeared from around the outside of the blocked tunnel entrance.

On old time home remedy was to put chewing tobacco on it but I seriously considered chewing my toe off lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
The tobacco wil help if any ragweed handy will work just mash the plants up put on sting might consider taking a bendryl also shortly after sting

I killed a nest of yellow jackets 2 weeks ago.
I sprayed some "wasp and hornet killer" FOAM spray into and around the hole,
and then shoved a glass bottle (with the cap off, open end first) 90% of the way into the hole.
The yellow jackets inside could not get out, and any that went up into the bottle to try to get out were killed by touching or smelling the fumes of the foam.
There were a lot of yellow jackets who had been in the air and found their airport closed when they came in for landing, but, without their queen, I assume they died after a few days.
I did this in the middle of the afternoon, not at night, because I was in a hurry. It still worked, but it took a few days before the worker bees / wasps disappeared from around the outside of the blocked tunnel entrance.
Best to spray or gase hole is after dark that way you get all of them less chance getting stung Couple ounces gas in hole does the trick best no need for bottle sticky in hole

I just killed my second nest this year..... This one was within garden hose range, so I tried the dish soap thingy:

This year is the worst I have ever seen. Two YUGE nests, and I had to try several different things to kill the first next. I like this soap method-if it is within range. Sure took a lot of water to fill that thing up. The nests must be much larger than I would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom