Yep grip angle matters

Some good suggestions here, thank you all!

@MRH I will check out the G48 -- never handled that model. It's new, right?

@Jake D. I considered the Hi-Power, but it seems to be out of production. I also don't see a railed version of it (I like having a WML if I can).

@MRH / @Dawgfan1988 / GeauxLSU GeauxLSU / sparked1 sparked1 / Seabass19x Seabass19x / wozeyjales wozeyjales I have never shot a CZ before, but will see if I can rent a 75 or a P01. Some of my competition friends run a Shadow2.

@1gunsnotenough / @killerv I have never shot a full size M&P before, so I'll try to rent that one too.

@gyppo now you're speaking my language man -- a rather pricey language, but that may be the ticket to maintain consistency of handling between my EDC and competition guns. And some STI's can accept a Trijicon RMR too, which is great.

The old trusty 1911 -- out of all the various handguns I've tried -- seems to point most naturally to the target for me when presenting out.

I've tried various models of Sig Sauer DA/SA (not the newer striker fired ones), all manner of Glocks, Berettas, S&W revolvers, and even a Ruger Mark IV 22/45.

Are there other brands or specific models of pistols I'm missing, where the grip is very similar in angle to a 1911 style gun?

I'm still looking for a CC pistol that's very reliable, holds 10-15 rounds, easy to conceal, etc. Maybe the bobtail 1911 I have is the best I'm going to find.

View attachment 2510973

If you can stomach the thought of carrying a .40 I got you. Look into the "Bul Impact"

Basically it's a polymer officer double stack 1911 grip with cz75 compact slide on top. Highly accurate and reliable.

Screenshot_2020-02-27-08-05-17(1).png

If you can stomach the thought of carrying a .40 I got you. Look into the "Bul Impact" Basically it's a polymer officer double stack 1911 grip with cz75 compact slide on top. Highly accurate and reliable.
Also if you are looking for a shield.... DGP is the way to go.
Thanks Rabbit. I would really prefer to stick with 9mm.

One thing I also forgot to mention is that I prefer using a red dot sight (Trijicon RMR) these days, so any pistol I get had better be able to accept one (or be milled for one).

Thanks Rabbit. I would really prefer to stick with 9mm.

One thing I also forgot to mention is that I prefer using a red dot sight (Trijicon RMR) these days, so any pistol I get had better be able to accept one (or be milled for one).

Sounds you want what I got.

Sig P365L. It's a 365 manual safety with a XL slide, threaded barrel, and comes pre cut for an RMR
20200123_173424_HDR(1).jpg

The old trusty 1911 -- out of all the various handguns I've tried -- seems to point most naturally to the target for me when presenting out.

I've tried various models of Sig Sauer DA/SA (not the newer striker fired ones), all manner of Glocks, Berettas, S&W revolvers, and even a Ruger Mark IV 22/45.

Are there other brands or specific models of pistols I'm missing, where the grip is very similar in angle to a 1911 style gun?

I'm still looking for a CC pistol that's very reliable, holds 10-15 rounds, easy to conceal, etc. Maybe the bobtail 1911 I have is the best I'm going to find.

View attachment 2510973
Walther p99 or ppq i had the same problem. If i throw a glock up i have to adjust every time. Walther aims where i point

Back
Top Bottom