• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

yet another one

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
so the expo gun show is not allowing private sales.. no carrying in anything, only ffl sales...
so for everyone saying this wont affect anything, wrong... you could still sale if you had a ffl do a 4473. but thay have been told atf will be at the show patrolling for private sales...
not sure how this will affect the odt show or the odt itself... but it will be a problem.
now the expo show is after the 30 day period.. but it is still gonna be a issue....
BOHICA

Eventually, this new rule will affect the ODT in every way. The ATF presence on this sight will be greater and they will monitor the activity and build cases against members. There are several people on here that have 4 to 5 different firearms for sale each month and pretty obviously are making an income, If I were them I would be concerned. I hope the rule gets overturned, time will tell. As for me personally I will not be selling any firearms and probably wont trade either, the rule is to subjective and in favor of the ATF.

Yeah, there are plenty of folks misinterpreting the new rule so they just cover their asses by not allowing people their constitutional rights.
Please explain, I have read it a few times now and come to the same conclusion, but I certainly am not qualified to interpret the rules of the government. Not being an ass, looking for enlightenment.

Please explain, I have read it a few times now and come to the same conclusion, but I certainly am not qualified to interpret the rules of the government. Not being an ass, looking for enlightenment.
I deleted my post. I don't want to get into this same old discussion on another thread. There are only about 16 different threads on the same subject now.

Possibly fat fingered BOHICA
Screenshot_20240425_104624_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I deleted my post. I don't want to get into this same old discussion on another thread. There are only about 16 different threads on the same subject now.
yep.. but in all the others you said "no change". you were almost/sorta condescending in your explanations...
but this is defiantly a major issue and the "rule" has affected traders and ALL gun owners... this is not a read or lack there of into the rule. this is the rule you have said will not affect anyone, affecting everyone..
care to explain to all of us not smart enough to interpret the rule?
thanks

If you have taken anything I said as being condescending then you misinterpreted my intent. I stated my opinion from my reading of the rule. Period. I have never been intentionally rude or condescending to anyone on this forum.
I cannot help how other entities interpret or misinterpret the "new rule". In my opinion, as well as many others who have tried to study it, the new rule changes very little if anything in the actual law. If people misinterpret it and shut down private sales to cover their ass then that is just an over reaction on their part in my opinion. The "new rule" is just attempting to further understanding of what the law has always been. As someone else mentioned:

"There are several people on here that have 4 to 5 different firearms for sale each month and pretty obviously are making an income, If I were them I would be concerned".

Those are the people who should be concerned. That is exactly the ones this new rule was written for. If you have a collection and decide to liquidate it, you are not affected. If you buy a gun and decide you don't like it and sell it, you are not affected. If you buy 5 or 6 guns a month and decide you don't like them and sell them, you might have a problem. That has always been the law. I see nothing new in this new rule.
This really does not effect me being a dealer already and I honestly do not care if you sell 100 guns a month. It is none of my business and honestly, I think the whole GCA of 68 that requires FFLs to is unconstitutional to begin with but it is the law and I personally prefer to do things the legal way. I have no problem with anything someone else does in this area. I am just trying to help people realize that this new rule as they call it does not have the huge effect they all seem to think. You can take my opinion or leave it. It is just an opinion.

so the expo gun show is not allowing private sales.. no carrying in anything, only ffl sales...
so for everyone saying this wont affect anything, wrong... you could still sale if you had a ffl do a 4473. but thay have been told atf will be at the show patrolling for private sales...
not sure how this will affect the odt show or the odt itself... but it will be a problem.
now the expo show is after the 30 day period.. but it is still gonna be a issue....
BOHECA
That's the promoter's perogative to limit private sales and carry ins. As for myself, it's my prerogative not to attend such an event.

Back
Top Bottom