Status
Not open for further replies.

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have bought, sold, and traded lots of stuff over the years on ODT and have met many good people along the way. I have never tried to post anything like this before but have a friend that is in need and saw where some others have done sim things so I thought I would give it a try.

So, here is the back story that got us to this point. I struggled before posting this to decide if I should give the long or short version of this and decided to go with the short. If you are concerned with the validity of this before participating there are a few other ODT members who can corroborate my story, so let me know and I can PM you their info and you can contact them or I can have them contact you. The fundraiser is to help a 26 year old friend and former coworker of mine. In April of last year he quit working with us and moved to a new city to take a new job and got married shortly after. In Dec he started losing weight and in Jan was hospitalized. Initially the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him and why he was losing so much weight. After many tests they began to believe he had Crohn's disease. Feb was touch and go and on Feb 22 he had surgery where they discovered he actually had ulcerative colitis and they had to remove his colon. He has started doing better and was able to come home earlier this month. The kicker here is that he hasn't been with his new employer long enough for his insurance to cover the hospital stay/surgery. That brings us to today... some of the guys who worked directly with him decided that they would put together a raffle to raise money to help him with the bills that have accumulated over the last few months. When the owner of our company found out about the raffle he said that he would match the money that was raised, so we have a great opportunity here to really help this guy out.

Cost of the tickets are only $10. 1st place wins a 65qt Yeti cooler and 2nd place wins two Yeti tumblers. The drawing will be held on April 27 and I'd like to have all the money turned in by April 25. If you would like to participate, PM me and I will send you my address so that you can mail me a MO. As soon as I receive the funds I will fill out the ticket(s) with your info, take a pic of them, and send it to you.

WIN_20160330_223700.JPG

If you would like to help but are not interested in participating in the raffle, a gofundme page has also been set up for him and you can donate that way. PM me and I'll be glad to send you the link to his page.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. If you choose to participate your support is much appreciated. If you are not interested, please keep him in your prayers!

Thanks again!!

I've got 2 tickets left and it would be great to be able to sell out the whole book, so let me know if your interested in claiming one or both. I need to have the $ turned in Monday of next week so I will prob pull this down Wed or Thu of this week at the latest to be sure USPS will have time to get me your payment before the deadline.

Thanks again for your support and prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom