• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YHM Wraith 22 review

Tiamat

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Anyone here own a yhm wraith 22?
i called them up and asked about cleaning it and was told to dip it in mineral spirits overnight and then blow it out with compressed air.
I guess my main question is, will this cleaning method remove the lead from the can and if not how long before it starts not to suppress effectively any longer?
I looked into jail braking it but 225 is just to much. That is almost the cost of a new serviceable unit.

no, you will not be able to remove lead buildup chemically, only some of the carbon. Get a dental pick and keep the blast baffle scraped as best possible - other than that, your good for awhile. Noise suppression is over when your ear says it is. Weigh your can every so often to see how much deposit is getting stuck.

Anyone here own a yhm wraith 22?
i called them up and asked about cleaning it and was told to dip it in mineral spirits overnight and then blow it out with compressed air.
I guess my main question is, will this cleaning method remove the lead from the can and if not how long before it starts not to suppress effectively any longer?
I looked into jail braking it but 225 is just to much. That is almost the cost of a new serviceable unit.

A. They sound like ****
B. No that mineral spirit BS is just that BS, lead is the issue, not carbon
C. Don't jail break it, a SWR Spectre II is not much more than that and sounds tons better, so its like the value of a recore and a jailbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom