• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

you gonna get the vaccine?

3858BA9F-BC1D-4594-82D1-BF5F599CFEC2.jpeg

Exactly. I've watched and fought against the growing trend of conspiracy theories for several years now. There have always been some, but most people realized they were being promoted by fringe nut cases. Now they seem to have become the norm, especially here on ODT.

They've become so prevalent that they are now interfering in the real world. This vaccine is a perfect example of that. There has to be a certain percentage of people that get the vaccine before things can truly get back to normal and the anti vaccer CTs are going to slow that process down as much as they can and then plead innocent.

They will claim that they have the choice not to get the vaccine (which they do) and are not stopping anyone else from getting if they want, yet then they heap derision and insults on anyone that says they will get it. It fits with the psychology of conspiracy theorists because one of their main motivations is to believe they are more inelegant and "In the know" than everyone else. It would just be sad if it hadn't started having negative effects on others.
Sounds alot like atheists.

It’s now called Covid . I just got over Covid. Had it about 10 days. Had a positive test on 11-4 Had a retest on 11-11 that was negative. The week after Thanksgiving was the worst. It started like a bad cold , then added like I had the flu , then added like I had pneumonia ! Wasn’t much fun but I didn’t die. Pretty %ing miserable tho. I’m 70 and in a high risk group. I didn’t socialize or go around people for two weeks before Thanksgiving. I had a brand new grand daughter coming for Thanksgiving and didn’t want to chance it. The people who came on Thanksgiving
( 3 ) never got it. I STILL GOT IT ! Better now but it leaves you tired. End of my story.
Damnit man hope you fully recover but weren't you pretty miserable before the covid?LOL

I respectfully disagree. The only real difference is the number of people who have died from this virus, but if that's what you mean by "different", then you just made my point for me I suppose.

There were a great many conspiracy theorist back then too. You know the old saying.... SSDD....

Not talking about consircy theroies. There is a difference between time tested proven vaccinations, the ones I had growing up, and fast lane rushed through production vaccinations. I am not anti vaccinations, I am anti being the guinea pig.

Not talking about consircy theroies. There is a difference between time tested proven vaccinations, the ones I had growing up, and fast lane rushed through production vaccinations. I am not anti vaccinations, I am anti being the guinea pig.
I can understand this approach. There is always the chance they missed something that won't show up right away, but I think the risk is minimal. However, like I said, I can understand not wanting to be the first in line.

The folks I have a problem with are those that claim there is evil intent in the development and distribution of the vaccine. Also the folks that spread BS about the vaccine either intentionally or through willful ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom