Your experience with Paxlovid?

Paxlovid, take it?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
ATTACK IT!!!!! If you have the mectin' take it. Ramp up the vitamin D. Make sure you have some good cough syrup. If you get worse get the infusion. Its not regeneron any more. You must be on offense!

I hace zero experience with the pax.

Well, since we apparently are over the hump, my synopsis. That stuff (Paxlovid) is NASTY. I mean really freaking nasty! 🤢 My wife and I and my brother took it. My son and sister-in-law did not. There was no noticeable difference in symptoms between any of us. What did happen though is, those of us that took it had our tastes completely jacked up. It gives the most disgusting metallic taste imaginable. Had to force ourselves to eat anything. Their website says it "affects 5.6% of people taking it". Well, it affected 100% of us. And it's lingering. Finished taking it Tuesday morning and taste is getting back to normal very slowly. Even water tastes nasty (one of the more noticeable and annoying of the 'foods' that were affected). Pills don't bother me but those pills were so nasty (a weird industrial plastic/toxic sort of taste) it took everything to just get them down. I mean GROSS. I have no idea if the 89% reduction in hospitalizations is accurate or not but I'd seriously re-evaluate whether or not I'd subject us to that again.

Anyway, I guess we're going to survive, despite that disgusting stuff.
I haven’t taken the pill but I can tell you for a fact after getting our two shots (no boosters), my wife and I have both been sick with the crud off and on about every 4-5 weeks like clockwork. Neither of us have ever really had issues like this before. And incidentally, that metal taste you are experiencing in our case, it’s more of a smell with me. My poop has an odd metallic smell. Like rusty water.

I had went through some chemo treatments for a type of leukemia in October last year. The kind I had beat down my immune system. The chemo beat it down even more. On January 8th I tested positive for Covid. My oncologist prescribed a steroid, antibiotic and inhaler and told me they thought I’d be ok. I got ivermectin from another doctor and started it on Tuesday. By Thursday I had fevers over 101. By Saturday I was in the ER with 103.5 fever. They found Covid pneumonia. The ER Doc prescribed paxlovid. I started it on Sunday. By Tuesday my fevers were gone and I was dealing better. I fought the pneumonia for another 6 weeks. I believe the paxlovid saved my life. I didn’t have any side effects at all. Even with Covid my only symptoms were high fever and fatigue. No body aches,head aches or losing sense of taste or smell. It was the most miserable 4-6 weeks of my life. I missed 3 1/2 weeks of work
Dang man. Glad you got through that! The fatigue was unreal for me. Could barely keep my eyes open but yet couldn't sleep. Body aches and fever (102) for a couple days.

Dang man. Glad you got through that! The fatigue was unreal for me. Could barely keep my eyes open but yet couldn't sleep. Body aches and fever (102) for a couple days.
The second week of April I came down with shingles to. You don’t want that crap either. It’s been a rough year but I’m back in the saddle now. I feel better than I have in several years.

ATTACK IT!!!!! If you have the mectin' take it. Ramp up the vitamin D. Make sure you have some good cough syrup. If you get worse get the infusion. Its not regeneron any more. You must be on offense!

I hace zero experience with the pax.
They quit giving infusions when the omicron came to be. I couldn’t get them in January.

The second week of April I came down with shingles to. You don’t want that crap either. It’s been a rough year but I’m back in the saddle now. I feel better than I have in several years.
Good grief man. Well, sounds like you've earned a good run for a bit.

There is one approved for Omicron. It's administered via IV port at many hospitals and a few pharmacies.
Didn’t know they came up with one for omicron. I was a candidate for it in January but the infusion centers closed. My onchologist said the one they were using wasn’t effective against omicron. Paxlovid had only been approved for a few weeks when I got it.

I had went through some chemo treatments for a type of leukemia in October last year. The kind I had beat down my immune system. The chemo beat it down even more. On January 8th I tested positive for Covid. My oncologist prescribed a steroid, antibiotic and inhaler and told me they thought I’d be ok. I got ivermectin from another doctor and started it on Tuesday. By Thursday I had fevers over 101. By Saturday I was in the ER with 103.5 fever. They found Covid pneumonia. The ER Doc prescribed paxlovid. I started it on Sunday. By Tuesday my fevers were gone and I was dealing better. I fought the pneumonia for another 6 weeks. I believe the paxlovid saved my life. I didn’t have any side effects at all. Even with Covid my only symptoms were high fever and fatigue. No body aches,head aches or losing sense of taste or smell. It was the most miserable 4-6 weeks of my life. I missed 3 1/2 weeks of work
Paxlovid is approved for high-risk cases(which you are) but they have taken to giving it to everyone which may be a questionable decision. But hey, Phizer has bills to pay.
I have 2 close friends that either prevented or stopped Covid with the Ivermectin but obviously it's not a cure all in every case.
With your situation, you were obviously very susceptible to pneumonia and those treatments may not have been enough to reverse that. Well, obviously were not enough.

Back
Top Bottom