Your gun show trick to break even after walking through the door.

well, unless Cherokee is there. and that will be the only table worth stopping at. others just pass buy and laugh at the prices lol.

I love that they are @2 miles from my house. Their ammo prices are nothing special but it's VERY hard to beat their gun prices and great selection.

A gun show for me is basically getting to actually see and touch something that you may only see online. And from there I will determine if I want to order said item online or not.

If you are going to a gun show and want to break even, don't go. However, if you want to spend an afternoon looking at older guns that probably will not be in your local LGS, then go and forget the money. The guns I look to buy are not normally in the LGS, even Cherokee, because they are older guns. I don't try and break even, I go because I like to go.

If you are going to a gun show and want to break even, don't go. However, if you want to spend an afternoon looking at older guns that probably will not be in your local LGS, then go and forget the money. The guns I look to buy are not normally in the LGS, even Cherokee, because they are older guns. I don't try and break even, I go because I like to go.

I know you are into S&W wheel guns but what else do you go to look for? Maybe I miss it but all I ever see is the standard fair items. Things that would get me excited would be 3rd Gen S&W .45 autos, Gen 1 and 2 Glocks in the box but I rarely come across those at gun shows. I end up having to buy that kind of stuff when I stumble onto it on the internet.

I know you are into S&W wheel guns but what else do you go to look for? Maybe I miss it but all I ever see is the standard fair items. Things that would get me excited would be 3rd Gen S&W .45 autos, Gen 1 and 2 Glocks in the box but I rarely come across those at gun shows. I end up having to buy that kind of stuff when I stumble onto it on the internet.

Yeah, I am into wheel guns, older wheel guns, but at most shows there is a decent to excellent array of Marlins with the JM stamp and older Winchesters. Plus the guys who are not dealers, but have purchased a table to display their own guns, normally have a gun or two that peaks my interest. In the last year, I have purchased 3 guns that were much less expensive than what was being shown on the internet. Hey, gun shows are not for everyone, but some, like me, enjoy them. I just don't go with any high expectations that I will find something.

The only show I ever attend is Wanamachers in Oklahoma City. Biggest in the US, has some incredibly hard to find guns, and prices are typically fair. The rule of thumb there is to very quickly move from table to table, and don't hesitate to buy something you like. If you wait, it'll be gone.

Back
Top Bottom