• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Any experts with a better eye than me?

NoKo mag?
China Mag early years non-export?
China Mag war export to Balkans?
Other?

Either way it was 10.00 in the paper wrap found it digging through a surplus box at a shop tonight on my way home late from work :thumb:

View attachment 1480311 View attachment 1480312 View attachment 1480313 View attachment 1480314 View attachment 1480315
The second pattern Chinese mag, the “Spine-Back Transitional,” is a unique design. The mag’s body is similar to the earlier mag but lacks the three short horizontal ribs that wrap around the bottom-back of the mag. The remaining two horizontal ribs along the bottom side of the magazines are much longer than normal and go from almost the very front to the very rear. Like the Sino-Soviet model, the body is phosphated while the follower, floorplate, and keeper are blued. The follower remains the Chinese stepped pattern. All the examples I have examined are unmarked, but its design is so unique that they are easy to pick out.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=530

The nirvana of AK Bakelite collecting.

These were only issued to retire border guard soldiers upon completion of service. Never ever seen or heard of anyone having them in the states.

D4BA098E-B321-489C-A94A-DC26E3583EFA.jpeg
EB96B68A-FE42-432F-B4CB-70EA8BF20C42.jpeg

The second pattern Chinese mag, the “Spine-Back Transitional,” is a unique design. The mag’s body is similar to the earlier mag but lacks the three short horizontal ribs that wrap around the bottom-back of the mag. The remaining two horizontal ribs along the bottom side of the magazines are much longer than normal and go from almost the very front to the very rear. Like the Sino-Soviet model, the body is phosphated while the follower, floorplate, and keeper are blued. The follower remains the Chinese stepped pattern. All the examples I have examined are unmarked, but its design is so unique that they are easy to pick out.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=530
Nice!!!! Good find for me then ! Either way a China Mag for 10.00 is a win all day

soooo anyone have a line on some affordable/cheap polymer akm handguards? kind of hoping someone had a arsenal that they changed the furniture out on

Back
Top Bottom