• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zastava zpap vs Palmetto state ak best ak for under 1000.00

Jamescg

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
President of the neckbeard club
97   0
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new ak. I am torn between zpap and Palmetto state ak 103.
Bulged receiver vs fn barrel, standard furniture vs yugo furniture, USA vs old world communism. I can’t decide!

Yikes. 2 years ago if you'd told me someone was going to spend 1k on either a zpap, psa ak or wasr Id think you were crazy.

I'd vote for the PSA though. They've been super reliable and support USA made

In my case I have more than a few different USA Guns. Only thing not USA made I had was a Czech CZ for years and years. I added the Zastava not to very long ago. After all the AK itself is a foreign origin Gun. Nothing wrong with having a non USA made product. Hell look at how much stuff we all buy and own not USA made? Just my opinion.

BTW: I think PSA is a great Company, but...... not to long ago I needed a replacement PSA part. 10 phone calls, 3-4 no call backs, a broken phone system that kept you on hold for 55 mins when no one was ever going to answer and lots of terrible customer service people later. I finally was able to Google around for someone that was a Manager there. In fact the original PSA person I was told they would have call back, no one at PSA even knew who they were?

Finally a PSA Manager who is next to impossible to get a call back from let alone ask to talk to on the call, called me back. (Yes I had emailed with no results either multiple times), He said it was ridiculous what I went through and confirmed that the 3 weeks I had been calling that Customer Service should have been able to help me on the 1st call.

In my case made in the USA? More to it than just that. Zastava, I can call, ask a question about anything, get a part quick, and even ask to speak to one of the Gunsmith and speak with them. For the Record I like PSA still. Also, I am NO Zastava fan Boy, but I love the Zastava M85 I own. Just my 2 cents about..............

Between the two? Zastava.
But I would pass on both and get a WBP with a Beryl rail.
FB Radom CHF CL barel, easy to mount optics, takes regular AKM furniture.

Zastava 1.5mm!

upload_2020-10-10_23-29-34.png

Back
Top Bottom