• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zeiss 5-25x50

buttplate

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Made myself a great snag today. Now I need to make the call on which of my deer slayers to mount it.
Browning Stalker 270
Steyr 7MM Rem Mag
Browning Stalker 300 Win Mag

Recommendations?

Put it on the rifle that will do it the most justice. I’d go with the 300 Win Mag, although none of those cartridges listed are a slouch by any means.
I just mounted my Giveaway Day scope (6-30x56) on my .325 WSM

Do you use all 3 rifles in the same terrain? What type(s) of terrain do you typically hunt in?

On our club we are fortunate enough to have a good mixture of terrain. The loggers have opened up 100+ acres of clear cut in the past couple years as well as they thinned about 80 acres last year for plenty of 200+ yard shots. We also have some real thick stuff with <100 yard shots. No I do not use all 3 for the same terrain. The 7 and 300 are reserved for the wide open stuff.

Put it on the rifle that will do it the most justice. I’d go with the 300 Win Mag, although none of those cartridges listed are a slouch by any means.
I just mounted my Giveaway Day scope (6-30x56) on my .325 WSM

Very nice snag on the give away day scope. What brand scope was it? There were some really nice gifts this year. It was another dry year for me but many nice gifts.

I was thinking the 300 as well. I will take it on a couple pay hunts this season if I get the chance and some of those have some long shots.

Back
Top Bottom