• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zip lock bag fail in get home bag

mo mauser

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Like the title says...I use them generously throughout my get home bag to store things and waterproof items. I pulled several out to waterproof items in my pockets to protect from impending submersion recently and learned hours later they failed. So now I need a better option. Didn't have the brand name ie...yellow and blue make green so i can rotate them out with better bags or if you guys have other suggestions.

Double-bag it?

Can you describe the failure? I've put things in coolers with melted ice and they worked fine as long as they were completely sealed.

Like the title says...I use them generously throughout my get home bag to store things and waterproof items. I pulled several out to waterproof items in my pockets to protect from impending submersion recently and learned hours later they failed. So now I need a better option. Didn't have the brand name ie...yellow and blue make green so i can rotate them out with better bags or if you guys have other suggestions.

I used zip lock bags from the jungle' s of the Phillippines through the sands of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Never, had a problem with them, I always used the good bags with the Red or Green zip' s. I would sometimes double bag my stuff with a large then smaller bag for possible use in the field.

Zip Lock bags are garbage. They have an over 50% fail rate. The zippers are good, but the seams in the bags leak.

I complained to the company, and they sent me some coupons for more. The next batch was just as bad. I let them know that I wouldn't be purchasing any more go their products.

Brawney is a good brand, with a less than 10% fail rate.

I have a friend who swears by ziplocks, but what he does is 1. duct tape all the seams and 2. doublebag

I swear AT Zip Lock.

It really runs good, once you pour some gas in the carb, jump start it, and don't forget to pump the brake peddle.

Back
Top Bottom