• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ziplining...

So where is the closest zipline to Marietta? I've seen one at the top of amicalola Falls by the hotel.

Actually the closest ones in my backyard but it's 80 ft tree to tree. I have a stop block rigged up with a rope through a pulley to a 15 lb dumbbell weight. What could go wrong?
Check out the one in Whitesburg at Banning Mill.They have many different ones,cabins,horses.

we used to have one down at Pools Mill covered bridge that went from top of the bridge down the creek to a deep pool to drop off in, just had to hang on till then, or on the rocks splashdown and broke bones..

There's one in West Georgia, forget the name of it it's been so long ago, where you're about 50 ft up. The grand finale you get to zipline down the side of a mountain 400ft in the air. Talk about a rush. Glad you had fun!

I'd trust a professional zip-line company to use the right equipment and maintain it correctly.
Some buddy's private backyard set-up, not so much.
My brother and I built backyard zip lines for his kids, but it was amazing how often the cables & their connections corroded, how falling tree limbs stretched or damaged the connections and eye bolts in the trees, and so forth. That system took frequent inspections for damage and frequent service.

One of my law school professors had a zip line in his backyard, and during a house party where he let us law students use it, it broke (when a girl was using it, and she probably didn't weigh more than 125 lbs.). Luckily she only fell several feet and was not seriously injured, but it could have been a lot worse. It turns out his steel cable was rusted in an area that was not obvious without close inspection.

So where is the closest zipline to Marietta? I've seen one at the top of amicalola Falls by the hotel.

Actually the closest ones in my backyard but it's 80 ft tree to tree. I have a stop block rigged up with a rope through a pulley to a 15 lb dumbbell weight. What could go wrong?
Lanier islands did have them. Not sure they still do

My wife talked me into doing it once in Gatlinburg. I hate heights. The only thing that kept me from screaming like a 9 year old girl was the giggling 9 year old girl in our group having the time of her life. LOL.

Consider Treetop Quest. Two locations around Atlanta area. Different courses and it is not just our ziplining - more of a zipline and ropes course. My kids and I love it. Dunwoody is one location. Another option is WhiteWater training center in NC. They have a long line over a section of the water course that is fun. The ropes challenge course is a kick if heights bother you.

Back in 1988 I did one at Ft Bragg where you have to climb this big tower and slide over a creek and the drop into the water. I didn't drop when the instructor told me to and slid a bit longer, raised my legs then dropped into the creek, splashing the heck out of the instructor. Yeah, had to do pushups in a culvert or something afterwards but totally worth it.

We did some pretty nice zip lines on one of our cruises where you go from tree to tree on the way down a mountain. Great times.

Back
Top Bottom