• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ZPAP M70 top cover issue?

JET 5.45x39

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
62   0
Reaction score
So I’ve had an adequate number of AKs in the past I’m fairly familiar with the platform and some of its quirks and the methodology of repairs as far as you can bend cut file and do things that would be taboo on other rifles. That’s being said I picked up a ZPAP (bulged trunnion model) yesterday and overall fit and finish is great however the top cover has a “significant” amount of play up and down maybe 1/16 or maybe a little more it seems to be coming from the front part of the rifle where the dust cover seats into the rear sight block. Anybody aware of a fix for such an issue. It doesn’t hinder function and I’m not opposed to calling zastava Monday and seeing what they say. Just don’t care for it rattling so much. I fear my love affair with AR15s has ruined me.
Any ideas would be appreciated
,thanks

There’s a little bit of play on both of mine in that area too but there is no rattle whatsoever. I can press down on the front of the cover sight block and it moves a tiny bit but springs back up. You buy it new?

Yes I got it earlier this week, my LGS is really good and let me fully strip the gun down inspect it the rivets etc and I didn’t notice it in the store, but after bringing it home, took it back apart and cleaned off the excess cosmoline, upon reassembly is when I noticed that the top cover was a little loose, perhaps rattle is a bad way to put it it has give when I apply pressure to it with my hand and if I hold the rifle by the forearm and give it a shake it makes some noise. I may just be over reacting but in the past I’ve owned an Npap, several wasrs, a Maadi, stamped mak 90, milled mak 90, Hungarian SA2000M, SAR-1, and have handled others that friends have and I have never seen this much give in the top cover.

Back
Top Bottom