• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/7 Hunt

My current situation in Walton county. I just watched a young buck graze for 30 minutes. Hoping his grandpa shows his ugly face.
20211107_165833.jpg

Watched 3 this evening, then I caught a glimpse of one of them running through the brush away from the food plot. Started coming back into the plot to feed and it was a small basket rack 7. Walked right out in front of me then turned into the woods and headed over the hill. Good to see a buck though, and it looks like they're finally getting fired up
20211107_174053.jpg

I have seen these deer do some pretty strange things this year lol

Had a pair of light hair doe pacing the treeline just now snorting and otherwise going nuts and a bb pops out then a doe with darker hide. The later two are feeding and the first ones won't shut up. Two doe fussing at one another and the button buck just eating away like whatever.

The whole time, I'm watching a 4 pt in peanut field 250+ yds out, eating and ignoring the commotion.

To shut the does up, I shoot the largest of the 3, she runs off and I hear her fall in the pines. 30 minutes later there are 4 other deer out in the peanut field. I shoot the larger doe at 284yds and the others trot to the field edge. I was losing shooting light and I've never had the chance to shoot 3 deer in one sitting so, I ranged what appeared to be a smaller doe at 232 yds and take the shot. Unfortunately, this 3rd one was a button buck. On the one hand, I'm aggravated with myself, but on the other, I'm pretty happy about this new personal best.

20211107_191214.jpg

Back
Top Bottom