• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2016 Archery set up

Try the Magnus. They tend to shoot as close to field points as you can get without using mechanicals. I have killed deer with g5s too. I always spin check my arrows and heads. Some will balance others might not. Helps to use the G5 arrow square. I dont like a long blood trail.

Try the Magnus. They tend to shoot as close to field points as you can get without using mechanicals. I have killed deer with g5s too. I always spin check my arrows and heads. Some will balance others might not. Helps to use the G5 arrow square. I dont like a long blood trail.

I checked their site, they offer about 6 broad heads
which one do you reference above ? I'm always willing to try something new

They have one that looks identical to the BEAR broad head with insert that I used in the mid 60's; it's the #7 image on their slide show; back then we attached them to Cedar shafts

I checked their site, they offer about 6 broad heads
which one do you reference above ?

They have one that looks identical to the BEAR broad head with insert that I used in the mid 60's; it's the #7 image on their slide show; back then we attached them to Cedar shafts
Yeah it looks like the old Bear. I've really been happy with them. I like plain blades not serrated, they bleed better imho. There are more devastating blades but they don't fly as well.

image.jpeg
Excalibur exomax crossbow. Ready to go!! Come on september!!

View attachment 852854
Going to start off the season with this beautiful 2014 Obsession. However, its racked up nothing but misses the last 2 seasons, so I may have to go back to using my old reliable 2013 Obsession. Haven't decided on broadheads for this season yet. Probably going to be either QAD Exodus or G5 T3's.

View attachment 852856
If you decide to trade it off let me know.

Trusty Excalibur Exocet, shwacker broad heads, tried the rages and had much better Results with 100 Grain shwackers.

I have been eyeballing that micro mini Excalibur crossbow whatever it's called because my county had restricted either sex days from all the whiners whining because does aren't walking right up to them the three days they actually hunt all season so I may be forced to hunt tighter spots where the big boys roam.

20160812_183421.jpg

My new to me set it. Martin exile. Will be shooting gold tip arrows with (4) 2" fletchings, with rage broadheads. Loving this QAD arrow rest and apex sight.

2014 Bear Archery Agenda 6 + Cabela's Instinct Demon 5 Pin Sight + Beman ICS Hunters tipped with Rage Hypodermic Broadheads = Groceries in the freezer!

25 year old round wheel Browning. Carbon arrows and whatever cheap 125 gr broadheads Walmart has.

I broke a cable on my really old bow (first generation compound) else I would still use that.

When I was 9 years old, my folks wouldn't let me have a BB gun, so the bought me a bow. HeeHee.

Back
Top Bottom