• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"41F put me out of the NFA game"

He can't, and it hasn't. Even if you add a prohibited person to your trust they cannot legally possess any of the NFA items in your trust.

It absolutely was done to make it harder since after all the while purpose of the NFA is to make it harder.

Criminals by definition don't obey the law.

Yes I know, which is why I called it a non-existent loophole. If the ATF actually had examples, then they would have cited them as justification for the 41f nonsense. But common sense "should" tell anyone that a person is not going to go through all the trouble of the NFA process, just to turn around and break the law. 2A supporters are not criminals.

As for the HPA and 41f, I feel like HPA can pass. In fact I'll go so far as to say that if doesn't pass, Trump will be out of office in 4 years because that means that the cuckservatives aren't doing much of anything they promised.

But right now where are the calls from the industry to reverse 41f as this would be the easiest route to get things back on track. Where were the lawsuits to end 41f??? 41f was an abuse that was meant to dissuade people from purchasing NFA items, and like it or not, it worked. And if the industry still doesn't see this, and wants to blame it on people waiting on HPA, then they will continue to go downhill.

Can you cite examples of where people have been charged and/or convicted for this?
No, I can't...but that doesn't stop it from being a crime.

Also since you can indeed remove and add people to a trust, how was this non-existent loophole stopped with 41f?
It doesn't. As NWS is about to say, criminals, by definition, don't follow the law.

No, I can't...but that doesn't stop it from being a crime.

It doesn't. As NWS is about to say, criminals, by definition, don't follow the law.

No one said it wasn't a crime. You said people were doing it, and I asked for examples. You don't have any so case closed.

The problem with not using your trust anymore and filing as an individual is you now have nfa items in possession of 2 entities.

I have not filed anything since 41f went into affect. Partly because of the added steps, partly because there's nothing that i have to have now. If eforms were still around I'd prob do another sbr or two just for flexibility of having multiple lowers, but not worth the hassle right now imho

I'm not done but since I work for an 07/02 SOT I don't really need to "buy" anything. If I was going to transfer something into my name, I would do it as an individual now. I have no use for my trust once 41f went into effect. I only had a trust to avoid getting CLEO sign off, finger prints, and photos. Since I no longer need CLEO sign off, and have to get PP photos and prints anyway, no reason for me to use the trust.

Ok Ill ask it, whats an 07/02 sot??

And why do they want pics of your pp? doesnt sound legit ......

Ok Ill ask it, whats an 07/02 sot?
An 07/02 SOT is shorthand for someone who as a Type 7 Federal Firearms License and has a Class 2 Special Occupational Tax license. In short the 07 FFL allows them to manufacture firearms other than destructive devices and the 02 SOT allows them to manufacture NFA items to include both firearms and silencers, but not destructive devices.

And why do they want pics of your pp? doesnt sound legit ......
Passport. ;)

I'd like to see the form. Sounds sketchy as all get out as the entire purpose of being on a trust is to legally be in possession of NFA items. By removing other trustees, they can't be in possession of them. Maybe I'm missing something.
It's a simple Amendment to the Trust, that restates who has authority as a Trustee.

Back
Top Bottom