• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Hypothetical?

jeffdt

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
25   0
Reaction score
Ok, as I said, a hypothetical. If I were to own a 10/22 take down and also own a Ruger Charger take down would the Charger's 10" barrel assembly mate with the 10/22's receiver? And if it did what would the legal implications be in owning both? Stored in the same safe.

You will be TWICE as likely to wish you had bought something other than a Ruger 10/22, and HALF as likely to have buyer's remorse over buying the Charger. That would make you THREE times as likely that you wished you had bought an AMT Lightning with Folding Stock, which would take care of the function of both guns and not have any cheap plastic components to worry about.

Simple! Hope this helps!

IMG_20150421_201233394.jpg

Last edited:
Same as having a regular 10/22 and a regular charger 10/22 to me. They basically have interchangeable barrels and I'm sure lots of people have both of them in the same safe.

But a very interesting legal point.......

Say for something like a Savage that has a relatively easy barrel swap ability. I suspect you wouldn't want to be in possession of one of those, (unless the same one would fit a Striker pistol).

Ok, as I said, a hypothetical. If I were to own a 10/22 take down and also own a Ruger Charger take down would the Charger's 10" barrel assembly mate with the 10/22's receiver? And if it did what would the legal implications be in owning both? Stored in the same safe.
I don't see a problem unless you physically mate the charger barrel to the 10/22 receiver, at which point you have created a non-registered SBR.

But a very interesting legal point.......

Say for something like a Savage that has a relatively easy barrel swap ability. I suspect you wouldn't want to be in possession of one of those, (unless the same one would fit a Striker pistol).

You could also use AR"s as an example. How many members here own both AR rifles and pistols? Pull a couple of pins and you have an illegal SBR.
It comes down to intent. I guess...

If you have a complete Charger and a complete take down 10-22 there is no problem....if you have a rifle and only the barrel for the charger then you might have a problem if you created a reason for the BATF to execute a search of your home. They might infer intent with having the parts to create an SBR and not the complete Charger.

Back
Top Bottom