• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding 45 Degree BUIS on Scoped AR?

Problem with doing a 45 mount and then sights on top of that is that it puts the line of sight further from the bore. If you want the original buy Dueck Defense. If you want cheap knock offs but anything else.

Problem with doing a 45 mount and then sights on top of that is that it puts the line of sight further from the bore. If you want the original buy Dueck Defense. If you want cheap knock offs but anything else.

Yep. Dueck Defense or if you want them to fold down, go with the Knights Armament 45 offset sights. Trading Place in Monroe has the KAC's.

I wonder how many folks mount 45 degree iron sights on an AR right after complaining that some WASRs have slightly canted sights lol

I personally don't see a need for the 45 degree sights. I mount optics with quick release so if the optics were to somehow fail, I can just pop them off and use iron sights. I think I have 2 that are scoped without quick releases but neither would be my "go to" gun for home defense anyway. One has an Aimpoint comp m4 with co-witnessed iron sights. If someone was breaking in, I'd probably grab a shotgun but if I grabbed an AR, i dunno...would probably rather just have iron sights and a flashlight. At close range, all my flashlighted weapons shoot dead center in the flash light beam so no real need to even aim up close in most realistic situations.

I wonder how many folks mount 45 degree iron sights on an AR right after complaining that some WASRs have slightly canted sights lol

I personally don't see a need for the 45 degree sights. I mount optics with quick release so if the optics were to somehow fail, I can just pop them off and use iron sights. I think I have 2 that are scoped without quick releases but neither would be my "go to" gun for home defense anyway. One has an Aimpoint comp m4 with co-witnessed iron sights. If someone was breaking in, I'd probably grab a shotgun but if I grabbed an AR, i dunno...would probably rather just have iron sights and a flashlight. At close range, all my flashlighted weapons shoot dead center in the flash light beam so no real need to even aim up close in most realistic situations.

I'd agree, most of us don't need them. However, they definitely have a place in competitive shooting and for Mil / LE running magnified optics.

ETA: If I ever decided to drop the coin on a 1-4 or 1-6x scope, I'd probably install a set just to have the same quick access as I do with an Aimpoint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom