• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Brace Question

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
Been playing with the pistol ARs and AKs for several years and I can't seem to find a brace that suits me. Tried the old Sig brace, kak brace, and sba3 brace and each left something to be desired. A buddy has the gearhead works and I'm really liking it. Also liking the looks of the sbapdw. Is there another option or style out there that I'm blissfully ignorant of?

Before someone says why not just SBR it, I'm picky about parts matching and it's a DD pistol I'm working on. Once the lower is marked rifle, even SBR, theres no going back to a pistol, and a DD lower is not something we can just buy.

Do you plan to travel across state lines that don't allow SBR's but do allow pistols holding more than 10 rounds? If so, how often? Maybe have another pistol lower for the upper? Truly, the answer is to SBR it.

The GHW is probably the sturdiest. I don't like the PDW stocks. Feel much gassier, especially with a can, just due to your face being much closer to the receiver.

And, assuming it is a MK18, they look "right" with a stock. We all know that being cool is half the battle.

Have you looked at the SB Tactical SBPDW

PDW_Black_Closed_Left_2626-RevStrapAug-Ghosted60-1024x684.jpg

It's a nice piece.

Do you plan to travel across state lines that don't allow SBR's but do allow pistols holding more than 10 rounds? If so, how often? Maybe have another pistol lower for the upper? Truly, the answer is to SBR it.

The GHW is probably the sturdiest. I don't like the PDW stocks. Feel much gassier, especially with a can, just due to your face being much closer to the receiver.

And, assuming it is a MK18, they look "right" with a stock. We all know that being cool is half the battle.

If I could get another DD lower, I would. I have a registered lower I could throw it on, but like I said, in my world, all things match. I never plan on selling any of my stuff, but life throws us curve balls and its almost impossible to sell a SBR. The gassy part, at least at this point, is not a factor as I do not plan on running this suppressed; but I never planned on running anything suppressed and that went away a long time ago. I really appreciate your input, and I completely agree, they all look right with a stock, esp the MK18.

Have you looked at the SB Tactical SBPDW

PDW_Black_Closed_Left_2626-RevStrapAug-Ghosted60-1024x684.jpg

It's a nice piece.

I have looked but not played with. Its one of the ones I asked about in my original post. It looks like it has a goofy and unstakeable castle nut, and may or may not have a place for a sling mount. If you have one, Id love to see some pics on a gun and how secure it is.

I have looked but not played with. Its one of the ones I asked about in my original post. It looks like it has a goofy and unstakeable castle nut, and may or may not have a place for a sling mount. If you have one, Id love to see some pics on a gun and how secure it is.

Pics...

IMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3486.JPG
IMG_3487.JPG

Yep, can’t stake it. I built an 11.5” for a buddy fairly recently using this setup. No issues yet, but he doesn’t have a lot of rounds out of it.

Back
Top Bottom