• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have perfect pitch?

They haven't tried orchestra instruments yet and he hasn't a clue other than he "wants to do it". Supposedly there are 4. I only saw cellos and basses in their room, obviously they have violins (somewhere), I don't even know what the 4th instrument would be. I know squat about orchestra. I also have no idea where his interest in it comes from.
Oh yeah, if he gets chosen for percussion... there are MANDATORY weekly private lessons REQUIRED. WTH?!?! Since when? :confused:

The 4th may be Viola if they are all orchestral strings. Similar to the Violin but it's bigger and tuned, I believe, 1/8 step lower than the violin. I think that's what I've heard.

And I've never heard that about weekly required lessons. I've been out of the public school scene for quite sometime now.

The 4th may be Viola if they are all orchestral strings. Similar to the Violin but it's bigger and tuned, I believe, 1/8 step lower than the violin. I think that's what I've heard. And I've never heard that about weekly required lessons. I've been out of the public school scene for quite sometime now.
It's ONLY for percussion. Not required for any other instrument. I guess they don't WANT every kid screaming to play drums with zero sense of rhythym.

And he will NOT sing, in front of anyone. I asked him to sing just one note the other day and I had an electronic tuner to test it. He hit it DEAD CENTER with zero variation. It's really amazing. But he REFUSES to sing.

I would not sing either until I went to a youth church camp in Panama City, many years back. I was in 8th grade and they had all of us in there singing and when I saw the older teenagers singing, the star football players, and seeing how much those young ladies loved it, why I was singing my guts out in no time.

Back
Top Bottom