• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone on odt trout fish?

Cprice2623

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
22   1
Reaction score
I have been wanting to go trout fishing each spring, but never actually do it. Ever since I can remember I had always gone trout fishing each year, and opening day was always a blast but that was in Pennsylvania.
Is there anyone that goes trout fishing and wouldn't mind chatting with me? I'm just trying to figure out places to go, if you have to go to the mtns or if there are some local spots that are stocked.
I appreciate it in advance, and hope someone can help me out. Thanks, God bless!

Me and a buddy decided we were going to try trout fishing about 15 years ago. We bought all the gear. Tent, sleeping bags, hip waders etc. Both of us bought NC fishing licenses. Got up there and had the river to ourselves! No one in sight. Fished and fished and fished.

It was the middle of December….
Ignorance is bliss 🤣🤣🤣

Since they opened Ga up for all year trout I try to do few winter camps and have done ok. South Fork Mills river/Pisgah Forest and Swallows Creek WMA mid winter. Action is a little slower but still fun.

I have been going to Rock Creek in Suches Ga for 30+ years it is a stocked creek I normally get my limit
my buddy took his 10y old up there recently. said across the road from where the vault toilet is (decent sized pool)
someone had thrown a grill out in the creek..... a full sized one.😡
He did, with the help of his son, pulled it out and disposed of it.
you would think people fishing for trout would be cleaner.....

I have been wanting to go trout fishing each spring, but never actually do it. Ever since I can remember I had always gone trout fishing each year, and opening day was always a blast but that was in Pennsylvania.
Is there anyone that goes trout fishing and wouldn't mind chatting with me? I'm just trying to figure out places to go, if you have to go to the mtns or if there are some local spots that are stocked.
I appreciate it in advance, and hope someone can help me out. Thanks, God bless!
they do a trip each year on Rock Creek with odt members Hiking the hills

my buddy took his 10y old up there recently. said across the road from where the vault toilet is (decent sized pool)
someone had thrown a grill out in the creek..... a full sized one.😡
He did, with the help of his son, pulled it out and disposed of it.
you would think people fishing for trout would be cleaner.....
assholes everywhere

Back
Top Bottom