• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be aware of scammers.

Stephen95

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
36   2
Reaction score
Yesterday was a long day for me. I’ve been on this site I can say about eight years now and everything has been going quite smooth until yesterday. When I realize I got scammed by a profile that seemed legit they had great comments hundred percent I did my part except pick up on the red flags, when they suggested PayPal, cash app or Zelle, I just assume it was legit until I sent the cash via PayPal mind you clicking on friends and family and ignoring the warning signs that said, if you do send your money through friends and family, you will not retrieve your money That said I had a very long day trying to retrieve my money back, so Guys beware they’re all here. Have a safe day.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.png
    IMG_1972.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 70
Who scammed you ?
Apparently it was someone cloning or hacked this Fatal_Bert account. I was able to contact the real person and they were the one that told me they never send me that PayPal information and they help me or try to help me stop the payment.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.png
    IMG_1972.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 62
Someone had a fake account under my name.
Same name just a period at the end.

The account was only active for a few hours before the mods nuked it, but that was enough time for them to do some damage.

Screenshot_20230830-172245.png

Obviously a fake account with 0 feedback and just stated that day. But the day before me and Stephen95 Stephen95 had been engaged in private messages so I can see how he would have just overlooked it.

This is why it's very important to communicate deals through the ODTs private message system and make sure it's not a brand new account you're talking too.

People who will only communicate via email or text are a huge red flag.

I've heard another person got scammed as well by this person pretending to me. I started about a dozen new FS adds this week so that's the only thing I can think of that made them target my account.

Someone had a fake account under my name.
Same name just a period at the end.

The account was only active for a few hours before the mods nuked it, but that was enough time for them to do some damage.

View attachment 6165604

Obviously a fake account with 0 feedback and just stated that day. But the day before me and Stephen95 Stephen95 had been engaged in private messages so I can see how he would have just overlooked it.

This is why it's very important to communicate deals through the ODTs private message system and make sure it's not a brand new account you're talking too.

People who will only communicate via email or text are a huge red flag.

I've heard another person got scammed as well by this person pretending to me. I started about a dozen new FS adds this week so that's the only thing I can think of that made them target my account.
I like your mug shot.......

Wow….DJD - but I am glad y’all caught it fairly quick before he/she/it done any real bad damage to ya !
Azzholes like this should be tied to a pole and be forced to hold targets for us to shoot at for an afternoon or three IMO ! :becky:

The misspellings and weird sentence would have warned me. Glad you got your cash back. PayPal is sometimes really good doing that. I bought some really junky cams off a site (not here) and the seller disappeared when I wanted my money back, but PayPal made it right. Though I also didn't send the cash through F&F.

The fake account would have ZERO feedback and that would be one flag to stop.

Also if not enabled MFA for your account please do so to protect your accounts!

Always beware using friends and family unless its really a friend or family. Easier just to offer to pay the 3% and send the NET amount that way you have recourse and not violating the terms.

Back
Top Bottom